• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B General Discussion

Blaze 18

Banned
As I understand, only South Africa are definitely through to the quarters from Group B.

How India can be eliminated

1) Bangladesh beat South Africa and West Indies beat India by 161 runs or chase their target in 21 overs (saw GingerFurball post this somewhere in today's match thread so assuming it's true).

How West Indies can be eliminated

1) If Bangladesh beat South Africa and India beat West Indies (margin doesn't matter).

How Bangladesh can be eliminated

1) If they lose to South Africa or India beat West Indies by a very big margin (unlikely because the NRR difference between Bangladesh and West Indies is huge).

How England can be eliminated

1) If Bangladesh beat South Africa and West Indies beat India.

Is that right?

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
That's correct, assuming no matches are tied or rained out. If the SA-Bangladesh match is rained off, West Indies will head home unless they beat India, in which case Bangladesh will likely exit on NRR.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
I think this group will finish in the following order

South Africa
India
England
West Indies

Group A will probably end up with

Pakistan (I am biased :) )
Sri Lanka
Australia
New Zealand

So

South Africa v.s. New Zealand
Pakistan v.s. West Indies
India v.s. Australia
England v.s. Sri Lanka
I have a bad feeling that will happen. In which case, everyone can expect an early exit of India from this WC. Most will be extremely pleased, but the 1.2 billion people including me are gonna cry a lot.

Blaze 18

Banned
Right, that means India and England are virtually through. The fourth spot is a toss up between West Indies and Bangladesh. You'd have to give it to West Indies. West Indies beating India is more realistic than Bangladesh beating South Africa. Stranger things have happened though.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I have a bad feeling that will happen. In which case, everyone can expect an early exit of India from this WC. Most will be extremely pleased, but the 1.2 billion people including me are gonna cry a lot.
Lol, don't give up so easily. You guys a have a good chance of beating the Aussies. But I guess the 1.2 billion people are going to be rooting for the Aussies this Saturday so that they top the group instead of Pakistan.

Blaze 18

Banned
I have a feeling we'll lose to West Indies by an innings and get knocked out on Sunday.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm on the brink of cheering for SA for the WC tbh. I've never been that emotionally connected with the Indian ODI side(unlike my love for the test side) and watching SA bowl is an absolute treat
Yeah the joys of Robin Peterson opening the bowling makes for high class entertaining cricket. :ph34r:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF, the fact that Steyn seems to have transferred his Test form into this tournament alone makes SA worth watching from a bowling point of view. And there's Tahir as well who everyone is curious about. Love SA's bowling options TBH, makes India's look very poor by comparison. Steyn, Morkel, Tahir, Peterson, Botha, Du Plessis, Duminy, Kallis... that's amazing bowling depth.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
What will happen if Dhoni Fan and IndiaLose are locked in a room and made to watch an India match :laugh:

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well - the Aus - Ind match becomes a serious possibility with Aus 169/8 as it stands.

Suits me - I'd much rather have SA against NZ anyway. 8-)

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Well - the Aus - Ind match becomes a serious possibility with Aus 169/8 as it stands.

Suits me - I'd much rather have SA against NZ anyway. 8-)
I am sure you all are extremely pleased with this. All of you want India to be out soon. And it is looking more and more likely that they will exit in the next round if they play against Australia.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
I am sure you all are extremely pleased with this. All of you want India to be out soon. And it is looking more and more likely that they will exit in the next round if they play against Australia.
Couldn't care less who India is playing - I am interested who SA is playing. So what are you doing? Sitting in a dark chamber with a candle listening to a thunderstorm outside? Cheer up, buddy ....