Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Group A General Discussion

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    [QUOTE=smalishah84;2429139]
    Quote Originally Posted by jashan83 View Post

Surely NZ will edge out Kenya won't they???? And they did reach the quarter finals last time when they played the WC in the SC
    I agree that NZ will get through but the last WC in the subcontinent was 14 years ago, it's pretty irrelevant. There are only a handful of current players who were in it, none of thgem from NZ.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

U19 Captain
    [QUOTE=smalishah84;2429139]
    Quote Originally Posted by jashan83 View Post

Surely NZ will edge out Kenya won't they???? And they did reach the quarter finals last time when they played the WC in the SC
    It all depends on Series with Pakistan. If they win comprehensively they will get back the confidence. But if they edge past then they will fare badly IMO in SC

During Last WC in SC they were a great team. Had an awesome QF with Australia

[QUOTE=jashan83;2429185]
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post

It all depends on Series with Pakistan. If they win comprehensively they will get back the confidence. But if they edge past then they will fare badly IMO in SC

During Last WC in SC they were a great team. Had an awesome QF with Australia
    I don't recall other teams quaking in their boots at the sight of NZ in the 96 wc.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Should progress easily here. Form we're in we should make it a four-peat without losing a game.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Hmmm, Every one seems to be writing off the Aussies. Remember they won an ODI series against a strong Indian team in 2009 with virtually a second string team. Apart from the odi series loss against SL they haven't been that bad. Still a very good contender for the WC.
    Last edited by Prad100w; 11-01-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Banned
    Yeah, you can't ever write Australia off. They have a team that is more than capable of producing the goods.

I have a feeling they will play better than both England and South Africa.

Banned
    I would rate Australia light years ahead of South Africa in a tournament of this kind. As an Indian fan, I am not really worried about South Africa to be honest. They are a good side on paper, certainly, but Australia are just on a different level when it comes to World Cups and when it comes to playing under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    I would rate Australia light years ahead of South Africa in a tournament of this kind. As an Indian fan, I am not really worried about South Africa to be honest. They are a good side on paper, certainly, but Australia are just on a different level when it comes to World Cups and when it comes to playing under pressure.
    This^
    Have a hard time seeing SA winning one must win game let alone three, which is what this tournament comes down to.

On the other hand its the type of format I can see Pakistan winning even after banning 4 more players.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post

On the other hand its the type of format I can see Pakistan winning even after banning 4 more players

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    Yeah, THIS

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    And what amuses you is..... ?

This is exactly the type of scenario that Pakistan excel in. Controversies raging left,right and center,poor form etc,and then it is turned around on the biggest stage of them all.It was the case in 1992,and it was the case in 2007.The same goes for Pakistan's most memorable triumphs over the years.I'm not saying that history repeats itself everytime,but writing Pakistan off is pretty naive.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post

This is exactly the type of scenario that Pakistan excel in. Controversies raging left,right and center,poor form etc,and then it is turned around on the biggest stage of them all.It was the case in 1992,and it was the case in 2007.The same goes for Pakistan's most memorable triumphs over the years.I'm not saying that history repeats itself everytime,but writing Pakistan off is pretty naive.
    People tend to write off Pakistan just by saying they have a **** team, which is not the case. Bowling is still very good. Shoaib, Gul Riaz/Tanvir are good enough to cause enough threat to the opposition and the spinners Ajmal and Rehman are really good and would be vital in the subcontinent. But the thing which would be a worry is the batting.Thats where they need players like Younis and Misbah to provide some calming influence in that middle order along with the other aggressive players. Umar Akmal is a very good batsman. Afridi and Razzaq in the sub continent would definitely be a worry for any opposition. I would say this team can beat any other team in the competition on their day. If they are disciplined enough, could be a contender for the semis at least. And yes when you least expect they jump up and hurt you.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prad100w View Post
    people tend to write off pakistan just by saying they have a **** team, which is not the case. Bowling is still very good. Shoaib, gul riaz/tanvir are good enough to cause enough threat to the opposition and the spinners ajmal and rehman are really good and would be vital in the subcontinent. But the thing which would be a worry is the batting.thats where they need players like younis and misbah to provide some calming influence in that middle order along with the other aggressive players. Umar akmal is a very good batsman. Afridi and razzaq in the sub continent would definitely be a worry for any opposition. I would say this team can beat any other team in the competition on their day. If they are disciplined enough, could be a contender for the semis at least. And yes when you least expect they jump up and hurt you.
    AWTA. Pakistan's side will never be short on talent.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post

what amuses me is your optimism. Which is good. Frankly the only time we have ever reached the final is when either we had fantastic leadership (Imran 92 and Wasim 99) or when we had a superb team like in 99. Sorry to say but Afridi is nowhere near the class of Imran or Wasim.

Quote Originally Posted by Prad100w View Post
    People tend to write off Pakistan just by saying they have a **** team, which is not the case. Bowling is still very good. Shoaib, Gul Riaz/Tanvir are good enough to cause enough threat to the opposition and the spinners Ajmal and Rehman are really good and would be vital in the subcontinent. But the thing which would be a worry is the batting.Thats where they need players like Younis and Misbah to provide some calming influence in that middle order along with the other aggressive players. Umar Akmal is a very good batsman. Afridi and Razzaq in the sub continent would definitely be a worry for any opposition. I would say this team can beat any other team in the competition on their day. If they are disciplined enough, could be a contender for the semis at least. And yes when you least expect they jump up and hurt you.
    The bowling is just decent. Nothing to write home about really. Riaz has yet to prove himself and Shoaib is not a great death bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    AWTA. Pakistan's side will never be short on talent.
    Yeah but talent alone gets us nowhere (except maybe court hearings)
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information