• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand 30 man World Cup Squad.

Flem274*

123/5
Here it is.

Brent Arnel, Hamish Bennett, Doug Bracewell, Dean Brownlie, Ian Butler, Grant Elliott, Daniel Flynn, Martin Guptill, Jamie How, James Franklin, Kyle Mills, Adam Milne, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Peter McGlashan, Andy McKay, Rob Nicol, Jacob Oram, Jeetan Patel, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Shanan Stewart, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Daryl Tuffey, Daniel Vettori, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock, Reece Young

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A few randoms in there. Milne, How, Patel, Brownlie, Bracewell, Watling, McKay, Stewart, Elliott, Arnel. Not really sure if they've done enough, but will probably either in the HRV cup or in their last few ODI appearances. I'm sure some of these names will be cut.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You could certainly say Milne hasn't done enough - he hasn't even made his List A debut yet!

Obviously a talent, though.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
No Hopkins - if he'd have had a good tour of India I'd imagined that would've been enough for a spot in the final squad, so thats certainly a massive fall given hes not even in the preliminary 30. A few bolters like Woodcock, Milne and Brownlie but I doubt whether theres much chance of those guys making the final squad. No Aaron Redmond is the biggest surprise IMO.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A few bolters like Woodcock, Milne and Brownlie but I doubt whether theres much chance of those guys making the final squad. No Aaron Redmond is the biggest surprise IMO.
Woodcock, Milne and Brownlie are all in the 20:20 squad to play Pakistan as well. As long as Woodcock goes alright, I reckon he'll get in the squad ahead of Jeetan.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Why? This is ODI cricket, not T20I.
I'm just surprised that he couldn't find a spot in a 30-man preliminary squad, despite looking in good touch in the domestic competitions this year and having prior (and relatively recent) international experience, but a host of uncapped players did make the cut. Milne for instance hasn't even played a 50 over match at domestic level. I'm not saying I'd have picked Redmond for the eventual squad but I certainly expected him to be on the provisional list.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm just surprised that he couldn't find a spot in a 30-man preliminary squad, despite looking in good touch in the domestic competitions this year and having prior (and relatively recent) international experience, but a host of uncapped players did make the cut. Milne for instance hasn't even played a 50 over match at domestic level. I'm not saying I'd have picked Redmond for the eventual squad but I certainly expected him to be on the provisional list.
Don't disagree about Milne but Redmond hasn't really been up to chuff in OD cricket for his whole career (see list A average of 23) and his technique is not suited to 50 over cricket (but he manages to do well in T20s - go figure).

I can understand though about how he should've made the 30 man squad but IMO out of the batsmen there he isn't really better than any of them.

Howsie

International Captain
Adam Milne :huh: He hasn't even made his List A debut yet ffs. I can see it now though, he's a couple of good 20/20 performances away from the ODI team and he's a couple of good ODI performances away from the Test squad. Joke (Although the test matches are played before the ODI's so we should be safe)

How Trent Boult hasn't made this squad staggers believe also, espeically when guys like Bracewell, Milne, Bennett and Arnel are cracking the team.

Mike5181

International Captain
1.McCullum+
2.Ryder
3.Williamson
4.Taylor
5.Styris
6.Franklin
7.Oram
8.Vettori (c)
9.Mills
10.Southee
11.Butler/Mckay/Someone??

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
1.McCullum+
2.Ryder
3.Williamson
4.Taylor
5.Styris
6.Franklin
7.Oram
8.Vettori (c)
9.Mills
10.Southee
11.Butler/Mckay/Someone??
Tend to think that looks like the strongest XI we can field, would probably opt for Nathan McCullum rather than McKay or Butler though.

Heres another XI, I wonder if anyone can pick up what they all have in common: Ingram, Redmond, Cumming, Fulton, Broom, Noema-Barnett, Hopkins, Aldridge, Beard, Mason, Bates.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't mind if McGlashan made the playing XI if it means that McCullum will bat better and Pete can come in at number 7 and smack a quick 30.

If my memory serves me right Pete doesn't have a flash 20 20 record - but does good in 50 over stuff.

Mike5181

International Captain
I wouldn't mind if McGlashan made the playing XI if it means that McCullum will bat better and Pete can come in at number 7 and smack a quick 30.

If my memory serves me right Pete doesn't have a flash 20 20 record - but does good in 50 over stuff.
I don't know tbh if McCullum keeps it allows us to play another All rounder/bowler which i think is actually out weak point despite recent batting collapses.

I rate Mcglashan > Young though.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Tend to think that looks like the strongest XI we can field, would probably opt for Nathan McCullum rather than McKay or Butler though.

Heres another XI, I wonder if anyone can pick up what they all have in common: Ingram, Redmond, Cumming, Fulton, Broom, Noema-Barnett, Hopkins, Aldridge, Beard, Mason, Bates.

They`re all rubbish?

I`m a fan of Ryder batting at no.4 tbh. But there is simply no room for him in the middle order if you play Williamson as well. Also, there is no other opener. Ryder/McCullum it is for the opening partnership, then. And they had better stick with it.