• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Discussion

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Squad:

Lionel Baker, Adrian Barath, Carlton Baugh Jr, Sulieman Benn, Dave Bernard Jr, Tino Best, Devendra Bishoo, Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Jonathan Carter, Shiv Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Ryan Hinds, Jason Holder, Anthony Martin, Nikita Miller, Nelon Pascal, Kieron Pollard, Kieran Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Darren Sammy, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shane Shillingford, Devon Smith, Gavin Tonge, Devon Thomas.

My Thoughts:

Dire picks = Lionel Baker, Jonathan Carter and Ryan Hinds, Tino Best

Inspired Picks: Davendra Bishoo, Jason Holder, Kieran Powell, Devon Thomas, Andre Russell

It's great to see Sarwan back in a West Indies squad. About time too.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Edwards and Taylor still unfit?

For a 30-man squad for a side with as little depth as West Indies, it's pretty good imo.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I severely doubt it, but fingers crossed things look ok. There hasn't been as much sniping between the two sides in recent weeks.

shivfan

Banned
Nash seems to be a fixture only in the Test side....

I wonder if the return of Sarwan means that Gibson is now happy with his commitment to training regimes. No Deonarine, so his commitment is obviously still under question, and both Edwards and Taylor are still unfit.

I've never been a Best fan, but to be fair, he featured among the leading wicket-takers in the domestic 50-overs competition in the autumn, and therefore has earned his place in the provisional squad.

vcs

Rampaul is so, so terrible. Hopefully he never plays an international game for WI again. :laugh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

As dire (and unfit) as Rampaul often is, since India in 2009, he has 23 wickets in 17 matches at less than 30. West Indies doesn't have the luxury of picking a better bowler. Roach alone can't bowl all the overs. Who else then? Jason Holder? Young, raw and inexperienced. A bigger liability than Rampaul. Heck, Andre Russell is young, raw and inexperienced, but he's going anyway. He has to.

Beggars cannot be choosers. I'm just happy Andre Fletcher isn't involved.

Mr Mxyzptlk

However, I wouldn't mind Krishmar Santokie to get a run in the near future. Looks a reasonable OD prospect.

Himannv

International Coach
Disappointed not to see Fletcher but happy to see Best in the reckoning. He was such an entertaining bowler to watch back when he toured SL for the tests. Wasn't too accurate or anything but was so entertaining.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Disappointed not to see Fletcher but happy to see Best in the reckoning. He was such an entertaining bowler to watch back when he toured SL for the tests. Wasn't too accurate or anything but was so entertaining.
They've named their final 15 and Best isn't in it:

Darren Sammy (capt), Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Sulieman Benn, Nikita Miller, Carlton Baugh (wk), Andre Rusell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Adrian Barath.

Would've picked Samuels over Devon Smith but other than that I think they did a fair job of it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Some tricky decisions in there over how many spots they can keep for allrounders. Can't really see space for both Pollard and Dwayne Bravo. They may have to rely on Gayle as second spinner.

Gayle, Barath/Smith, Darren Bravo, Chanderpaul, Sarwan, Dwayne Bravo, Pollard, Baugh, Sammy, Benn, Roach.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Can't see them not playing Pollard and Bravo tbh. Pollard seen as an X Factor, and Bravo is Bravo.

Gayle
Chanderpaul
DaBravo
Sarwan
DwBravo
Pollard
Baugh
Sammy
Benn
Miller
Roach

That's a likely lineup, as they'd be tempted to play the two spinners. Depends on whether Chanders wants to open though. He's been at his best there, so I hope he does.