• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Provisional and final World Cup Squads

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We all know Wright is going to go
It'll be interesting what that means though. Does the reserve seamer get scrapped? Does Tredwell miss out? Does one of Collingwood/Morgan become the reserve keeper?

On the note of the reserve keeper, now way I'd pick Prior. Good form only takes you so far; Kieswetter is a better one day batsman by a massive margin.

FBU

International Debutant
Who I would like to see

Strauss
Davies
Bell
Pietersen
Patel
Taylor
Morgan
Woakes
Broad
Swann
Anderson

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
As have Hildreth, Adams, Dernbach, Bedwetter, Plunkett, Rashid and Woakes (replacing Finn after the ODI series in Australia), so wouldn't read that much into it.

Would rather hope Bopara's not in there because he's not good enough to be honest.
Jesus, he is in an A side? Would take Mahmood over Dirtbag.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Who I would like to see

Strauss
Davies
Bell
Pietersen
Patel
Taylor
Morgan
Woakes
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Is you actually mental?

Please please please God do not let Luke Wright anywhere near the team ever again. That includes T20s.

Would love to see Samit Patel, yes, but can't see it happening yet, too much of a wildcard. If not then Bopara should be in the squad, but apparently he won't cause he's with the Lions or summingk. I'd imagine it'll be the standard XI with Trott, Prior, Tredwell and Shahzad, although wouldn't mind seeing Shahzad start ahead of Bresnan.

Kiessy will have to prove some form before he's back in the ODI set up I feel.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I really hope we ditch Wright after this series and bring in Ravi. He's a far better cricketer. Offers far more with the bat at 6, as much with the ball and is as good in the field. Wright needs to go. My XV would be:

Strauss *
Davies +
Bell
Pietersen
Morgan
Bopara
Yardy
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

Collingwood
Trott
Patel
Tremlett

Just hope Davies doesn't get injured, if he does, Colly can step in as keeper. If the Akmal's can do a job for Pakistan, Colly can do a job for England.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently there's a 'surprise' in the squad according to a journo. Reckon its Fatel.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Apparently there's a 'surprise' in the squad according to a journo. Reckon its Fatel.
Interesting stuff. I had written him off as fallen out with the set-up but I wouldn't mind seeing him come back in - never been convinced by Tredwell myself.

KP - Shazad should definately go ahead of Tremmers. And I'd rather see either Colly or Trott play ahead of Bopara.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Urgh that is poo.

Expected Luke Wright but would have still way prefered Ravi.

Really hope Prior goes well but think it is a poor decision.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Eeeuuww. Prior & Wright? Smelleroony.

Can't think Davies has done anything wrong, myself and Wright just hasn't done anything.