• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Discussion

This Indian team winning 2011 World Cup

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
World Cup 2011: Rahane, Pujara included in World Cup preliminary squad | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Preliminary squad: MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Sreesanth, Munaf Patel, Ishant Sharma, Vinay Kumar, M Vijay, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Ajinkya Rahane, Saurabh Tiwary, Yusuf Pathan, Parthiv Patel, R Ashwin, Wriddhiman Saha, Dinesh Karthik, Shikhar Dhawan, Amit Mishra, Piyush Chawla, Cheteshwar Pujara, Pragyan Ojha, Praveen Kumar

No Irfan Pathan :laugh: Career over for you buddy.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Seeing Ajinkya Rahane is a positive, though very very less chance he gets picked for the final squad.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yusuf ahead of Kohli? Crazy talk.

Sure Yusuf Pathan was awesome in the 4th ODI vs. NZ, but his record is still relatively poor. Kohli can give it a whack anyway. Can bat at 3/4 or 6/7.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kohli isn't allergic to anything. Heard he's invincible. Tend to believe it too.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Yusuf ahead of Kohli? Crazy talk.

Sure Yusuf Pathan was awesome in the 4th ODI vs. NZ, but his record is still relatively poor. Kohli can give it a whack anyway. Can bat at 3/4 or 6/7.
Well being a huge fan Kohli.... I can see no place for him in final XI yusuf on flat tracks can be usefull....as well as raina....Well I may just swap Raina with kohli...Wat will be ur final XI

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Same as yours (I would play Ashwin ahead of Harbhajan like you are) except I'd have Kohli in ahead of Yusuf. So:

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Kohli
Raina
Dhoni
Ashwin
Praveen
Zaheer
Nehra

If the pitches are turning then Harbhajan for Nehra.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Same as yours (I would play Ashwin ahead of Harbhajan like you are) except I'd have Kohli in ahead of Yusuf. So:

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Kohli
Raina
Dhoni
Ashwin
Praveen
Zaheer
Nehra

Do you think Harbhajan will take kindly to being dropped for Ashwin? Or will the selectors be brave enough to take that call?

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Ashwin such a gun..... Where in the world can u see a spinner being susses-full operating in PP's..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ojha in T20s
Ashwin in ODIs
Harbhajan in tests.

Pretty simple I reckon. Wish the selectors will realise that you can have different premier spinners for different formats.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Ojha in T20s
Ashwin in ODIs
Harbhajan in tests.

Pretty simple I reckon. Wish the selectors will realise that you can have different premier spinners for different formats.
Ashwin did pretty well in IPL and CLT20......may choose him over ojha tbh...for his variations

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ojha picked up the most wickets in the recent IPL. He's a T20 gun. People can't put him away.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The performances of the top Indian players in the last two years should give a hint.

In the last two years, all of Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir, Raina and Rohit Sharma have done better than overall, and are sure contenders. Dhoni has been impressive in the last two years, though not better than his overall career record. Kohli and Ashwin are impressive newcomers, and could be starting lineup regulars. Yusuf has had a great 2010, and in a limited capacity as a number seven and filler bowler, he's useful. He's a better bet with the ball than the part-timers. Ideall, they can keep out poor fielders like Munaf, Praveen and Nehra, which would cut the pace options a great deal, but a trio of Zaheer, Ishant and Sree isn't flimsy at all. The one to miss out, however, will be Yuvraj, who has struggled to get runs and wickets, especially as the new all-rounder of the team.

The presence of Chawla opens up another option. He's one of India's best OD spinners, and also a run-scoring option. He's had a largely patchy Ranji, but has struck form lately in this last game. In a limited batting capacity, he'll do well, and at the same time, make the most of spin-friendly Indian pitches. A combination of Chawla and Ashwin will surely be quite a handful, and aid the balance of the side greatly. Harbhajan, though, may be excluded, as he's not got too many wickets or runs, even though he's done just as well in these two years.

Ideally-
  • Sehwag
  • [Sachin
  • Kohli
  • Dhoni (WK)
  • Raina
  • Gambhir
  • Yusuf (OB)
  • Ashwin (OB)
  • Zaheer (LFM)
  • Ishant (RFM)
  • Sreesanth (RFM)
They can stretch it by having Chawla and Vinay Kumar ahead of Yusuf and Sreesanth. All of them are good fielders, except two very average ones, though fielding is a subjective issue.

M0rphin3

International Debutant

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Kohli
Raina
Dhoni
Ashwin
Praveen
Zaheer
Nehra

Ashwin is not any better than Harby and Harb is obviously a better bat. Ashwin was pretty expensive in the NZ series IIRC. And would rather play 2 seamers instead of 3 tbh.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The performances of the top Indian players in the last two years should give a hint.

In the last two years, all of Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir, Raina and Rohit Sharma have done better than overall, and are sure contenders. Dhoni has been impressive in the last two years, though not better than his overall career record. Kohli and Ashwin are impressive newcomers, and could be starting lineup regulars. Yusuf has had a great 2010, and in a limited capacity as a number seven and filler bowler, he's useful. He's a better bet with the ball than the part-timers. Ideall, they can keep out poor fielders like Munaf, Praveen and Nehra, which would cut the pace options a great deal, but a trio of Zaheer, Ishant and Sree isn't flimsy at all. The one to miss out, however, will be Yuvraj, who has struggled to get runs and wickets, especially as the new all-rounder of the team.

The presence of Chawla opens up another option. He's one of India's best OD spinners, and also a run-scoring option. He's had a largely patchy Ranji, but has struck form lately in this last game. In a limited batting capacity, he'll do well, and at the same time, make the most of spin-friendly Indian pitches. A combination of Chawla and Ashwin will surely be quite a handful, and aid the balance of the side greatly. Harbhajan, though, may be excluded, as he's not got too many wickets or runs, even though he's done just as well in these two years.

Ideally-
  • Sehwag
  • [Sachin
  • Kohli
  • Dhoni (WK)
  • Raina
  • Gambhir
  • Yusuf (OB)
  • Ashwin (OB)
  • Zaheer (LFM)
  • Ishant (RFM)
  • Sreesanth (RFM)
They can stretch it by having Chawla and Vinay Kumar ahead of Yusuf and Sreesanth. All of them are good fielders, except two very average ones, though fielding is a subjective issue.
Don't want Ishant anywhere near the ODI side. Sree would also be a huge risk. Zaheer and Nehra should be the first choice opening attack.