16 37.21%
  • Less Chance

9 20.93%
  • No Chance

6 13.95%
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Indian Discussion

Simon Champion!
    Dhoni has wasted himself down the order this tournament to accomodate others.

Personally i would play Pathan instead of Kohli in the SF against Pakistan if the pitch is on the flatter side i.e above 300 wicket.
    Pakistan is almost the perfect team for Dhoni to come in at 4 and for Pathan to smash the spinners .

I think Pak should play Ajmal against India and keep AR out. Akhtar should be back in place of Riaz.

Ajmal has only played 3 matches against India though. Has been decent in them.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Ajmal reminds me a bit of Saqlain. Saqlain used to be very good against India considering that he was a spinner. I hope Ajmal can bowl like him.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I so badly want to see Akhtar running in to bowl at Sachin. Riaz can **** off imo

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Dhoni has wasted himself down the order this tournament to accomodate others.

Personally i would play Pathan instead of Kohli in the SF against Pakistan if the pitch is on the flatter side i.e above 300 wicket.
    Pakistan is almost the perfect team for Dhoni to come in at 4 and for Pathan to smash the spinners .
    This.

Yuvi at 4 and Dhoni at 5 would be ideal. Dhoni's batting is the price we are paying for accommodating both Gambhir and Kohli, both play a very similar role in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    This.

Yuvi at 4 and Dhoni at 5 would be ideal. Dhoni's batting is the price we are paying for accommodating both Gambhir and Kohli, both play a very similar role in the team.
    Dhoni, especially against Pakistan, has been absolutely phenomenal but I think the best innings that he has played against Pakistan have always been at 5 or 6. He should come after Yuvi in any case IMO. He needs less time to settle than Yuvraj does and looks more comfortable down the order.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Under pressure in chases like the one against Aus, Gambhir and Kohli are really really ideal at 3/4.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    This.

Against Pakistan, the biggest danger is of too many wickets falling quickly. Either batting first or second. Dhoni - who is in bad batting form atm - is OK at #6, no need to go higher. The Indian batting line up 1-5 has reasonable strike rates, Yuvraj is lowest at 86. We don't need to solve a problem that probably does not exist - one batsman scoring at SR of 115 vs 85 for 50 balls only nets 15 more runs (& in Sehwag we already have one like that and Sachin is motoring at SR of about 95).

Dhoni may be out of form, but it brings me comfort knowing he is coming in at 6. We don't need him coming in early.

Gambhir and Kohli are terrific ODI cricketers. Particularly in Asia. It is unnecessary to change this combination much. I'd have Kohli at 3 if it were up to me but they should be 3/4 IMO.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Yeah, I do see the value of having Gambhir and Kohli in the lineup and also see that Dhoni is in poor form. That's why I am a little split on this. Want to see Dhoni playing big knocks badly.

Rodney Hogg just said India won't win the World Cup, and said Ashwin wouldn't get him out if he was batting.

Usual vitriol from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Rodney Hogg just said India won't win the World Cup, and said Ashwin wouldn't get him out if he was batting.

Usual vitriol from him.
    Is Rodney Hogg the latest Benaud???? btw does anyone know what Benaud thinks as to who will win the WC? Is Benaud offering comments anywhere?

Rodney Hogg and Benaud are very very different cricketing personalities. Not even close to the same sort of analysts.

I was actually asking the question in a sarcastic way but forgot to put in an appropriate smiley........of course Rodney Hogg is just that...... a hog

Benaud is just sheer class.....just love that guy

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread Information