• Most Probably

16 37.21%
  • Less Chance

9 20.93%
  • No Chance

6 13.95%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Indian Discussion

Munaf Patel doesn't at all look like he is going to get a wicket. India really need to bring in either Nehra or Sreesanth against Pakistan

International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    i say bring in pathan and let the overs be shared btw kholi , sachin, pathan

International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    i dont see what pathan cant do that munaf can do

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Annoying that Harbhajan has gone back into his defensive bowling shell. Thought he was bowling very well in the SA Tests and the first 3 ODIs, but he has regressed since then. I don't know why he kept coming around the wicket to Ponting.

R_D
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Annoying that Harbhajan has gone back into his defensive bowling shell. Thought he was bowling very well in the SA Tests and the first 3 ODIs, but he has regressed since then. I don't know why he kept coming around the wicket to Ponting.
    Yeah its frustrating watching our premier spinner darting the balls in. He's so defensive, just doesn't want to give away runs.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by R_D View Post
    just doesn't want to give away runs
    terrible thing yeah?

R_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    terrible thing yeah?
    need to flight the ball a little more and stop balling so fast... be prepared to go for few runs in return for wickets is what i meant.

Suicide Bob Champion!
    Guess there are two ways to look at it, one is yours, the other is the mentality that India want to bowl as tightly as possible without giving too many runs, and depend on the batting to see us home. Because if our 2nd best bowler goes for runs then theres not much of hope for India imo.

Guess there are two ways to look at it, one is yours, the other is the mentality that India want to bowl as tightly as possible without giving too many runs, and depend on the batting to see us home. Because if our 2nd best bowler goes for runs then theres not much of hope for India imo.
    I'd go with R-D here. The thing is that when you have the ability to take wickets like bhajji does then by taking wickets you automatically slow the run rate down and put pressure on the opposition. By bowling defensively while you may stop runs from your end the wickets in hand for the opposition means that it is much more likely that your other bowlers will be totally creamed
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    I'd go with R-D here. The thing is that when you have the ability to take wickets like bhajji does then by taking wickets you automatically slow the run rate down and put pressure on the opposition. By bowling defensively while you may stop runs from your end the wickets in hand for the opposition means that it is much more likely that your other bowlers will be totally creamed
    Agreed but maybe India want to play it safe? I can't really make up my mind on this tbh, I don't mind either tactic.

Agreed but maybe India want to play it safe? I can't really make up my mind on this tbh, I don't mind either tactic.
    yeah but playing it safe is not exactly playing it safe as RT points out. I would agree. All the best captains in cricket history want their best bowlers attack. Bhajji looks much more threatening when he is flighting the ball tbh.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    yeah but playing it safe is not exactly playing it safe as RT points out. I would agree. All the best captains in cricket history want their best bowlers attack. Bhajji looks much more threatening when he is flighting the ball tbh.
    Plus Ashwin is already playing the role of the defensive spinner.. We need Bhajji to attack the batsmen in the middle overs.. And against Pak, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will be collared.. He always has been toothless against Pak.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Plus Ashwin is already playing the role of the defensive spinner.. We need Bhajji to attack the batsmen in the middle overs.. And against Pak, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will be collared.. He always has been toothless against Pak.
    I hope he doesn't suddenly find his teeth.

During the past decade the Dhoni-Yuvraj pair has been a real pain in the ass for us ......

Once the two of them get together against Pakistan they seem stuck to the crease

R_D
    Yeah possibly true...
    It's frustrating because other than Zaheer, Bhajji is the only genuine wicket taking threat India have ( no disrespect to Yuvi the legend )...

Like someone else said before.. After the South Africa series I thought Bhajji was going to rip it in this world cup but he's gone back to his old style

R_D
    I hope he doesn't suddenly find his teeth.

During the past decade the Dhoni-Yuvraj pair has been a real pain in the ass for us ......

Once the two of them get together against Pakistan they seem stuck to the crease
    Hopefully Pakistan bring Dhoni back in form as well
    He's been woeful in this world cup.

On second thought hopefully Dhoni won't be needed

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread Information