• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Discussion

This Indian team winning 2011 World Cup

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
This.

Yuvi at 4 and Dhoni at 5 would be ideal. Dhoni's batting is the price we are paying for accommodating both Gambhir and Kohli, both play a very similar role in the team.
Dhoni, especially against Pakistan, has been absolutely phenomenal but I think the best innings that he has played against Pakistan have always been at 5 or 6. He should come after Yuvi in any case IMO. He needs less time to settle than Yuvraj does and looks more comfortable down the order.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Under pressure in chases like the one against Aus, Gambhir and Kohli are really really ideal at 3/4.

jeevan

International 12th Man
This.

Yuvi at 4 and Dhoni at 5 would be ideal. Dhoni's batting is the price we are paying for accommodating both Gambhir and Kohli, both play a very similar role in the team.
Against Pakistan, the biggest danger is of too many wickets falling quickly. Either batting first or second. Dhoni - who is in bad batting form atm - is OK at #6, no need to go higher. The Indian batting line up 1-5 has reasonable strike rates, Yuvraj is lowest at 86. We don't need to solve a problem that probably does not exist - one batsman scoring at SR of 115 vs 85 for 50 balls only nets 15 more runs (& in Sehwag we already have one like that and Sachin is motoring at SR of about 95).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni may be out of form, but it brings me comfort knowing he is coming in at 6. We don't need him coming in early.

Gambhir and Kohli are terrific ODI cricketers. Particularly in Asia. It is unnecessary to change this combination much. I'd have Kohli at 3 if it were up to me but they should be 3/4 IMO.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I do see the value of having Gambhir and Kohli in the lineup and also see that Dhoni is in poor form. That's why I am a little split on this. Want to see Dhoni playing big knocks badly.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rodney Hogg just said India won't win the World Cup, and said Ashwin wouldn't get him out if he was batting.

Usual vitriol from him.

smash84

The Tiger King
Rodney Hogg just said India won't win the World Cup, and said Ashwin wouldn't get him out if he was batting.

Usual vitriol from him.
Is Rodney Hogg the latest Benaud???? btw does anyone know what Benaud thinks as to who will win the WC? Is Benaud offering comments anywhere?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rodney Hogg and Benaud are very very different cricketing personalities. Not even close to the same sort of analysts.

smash84

The Tiger King
I was actually asking the question in a sarcastic way but forgot to put in an appropriate smiley........of course Rodney Hogg is just that...... a hog :)

TikoloFan

Cricket Spectator
ICC defends Cup final venue - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Reported Wed Mar 23, 2011

International Cricket Council chief Haroon Lorgat has defended the decision to stage the World Cup final at Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium, saying it would provide the perfect setting for the city's favourite son Sachin Tendulkar to script a "fairytale" ending.
"Can you imagine a (more) fairytale ending with Sachin Tendulkar getting a hundred in the final and India winning at the Wankhede which is his home ground?

"And no matter what the number (of seats), we do not have sufficient tickets."
coming from the ICC cheif i think this is really sad :sick:

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Sucks TBH.The final should have been held at Eden Gardens.Easily the most picturesque ground in the world.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
God forbid there be 21 other players playing at the time...
Is it the ICC which decides the grounds or the board? If it is the board as I suspect then what is the big issue? They want to have it at Mumbai for its favourite son and that is nothing bad.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't the finals venue decided before the world cup started ? Or did they move it after the Semis ?

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Wasn't the finals venue decided before the world cup started ? Or did they move it after the Semis ?
it was decided long before world cup hoping india would get there and would be a befitting way to give sachin a wc if at all they go on to win

i see nothing wrong in that

haters gonna hate , so screw them :closedeye

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Eden Gardens getting the final after not being ready for a group stage match is rewarding horrible organising.