• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Discussion

This Indian team winning 2011 World Cup

• Total voters

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Yes, he'd clearly want to swap 73 wickets @ 33.35 for 79 wickets @ 35.16.
yeh ****, that's a six wicket lead sreesanth has!!! and without being obese as well!!
Seriously though, he's definately the second best fast bowler in india. If Dhoni drops him, good luck winning overseas. Enjoy the services of nehra and the mediocre munaf and ishant.

It's not as if he's matchfixing, starting fights, drinking before games, doing drugs. He's just passionate about the game. Bland, repressed people living in fear of others condemnation wouldn't understand.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah I forgot he's the same bowler in 2003 as he is now, with the exact same aggression. :dry:

His aggression is controlled now.
Yeah? And how old is he? Maybe Sree might become similar to Zaheer in the future or he might not. Doesn't mean keyboard warriors should act all holier than thou about it though. He is what he is, deal with it.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Yeah? And how old is he? Maybe Sree might become similar to Zaheer in the future or he might not. Doesn't mean keyboard warriors should act all holier than thou about it though. He is what he is, deal with it.
This. unless keyboard jockeys can get off their fat ***es and bowl 140k and dismantle the south african batting lineup, they should deal with sree and not pretend to be experts. Easy for people sitting on the sidelines to criticize, but this guys a professional athelete bowling for his country, he should be able to express himself

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why the **** should I deal with it?

If a cricketer acts like a ****ing dickhead on the field, I call them on it. See Watson, see Ponting, see Sreesanth.

And obviously the majority of people, including cricketers themselves (and not just keyboard warriors) think Sree is a ****ing idiot. See the fact he got bitch slapped, smacked down by opposition batsman and Dhoni thinks he's an idiot.

You're in the minority mate.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Why the **** should I deal with it?

If a cricketer acts like a ****ing dickhead on the field, I call them on it. See Watson, see Ponting, see Sreesanth.

And obviously the majority of people, including cricketers themselves (and not just keyboard warriors) think Sree is a ****ing idiot. See the fact he got bitch slapped, smacked down by opposition batsman and Dhoni thinks he's an idiot.

You're in the minority mate.
Do you see Ponting asking Watson to shut it in press meets? He backs his players in public no matter what the controversy is. What you are saying is against basic team ethics and team work in sports. A captain should man up and protect his players when people from outside the team talk ****, not agree with them and turn on your own men. I am not saying Sreesanth is not a ****(see sig), just that a captain should support him in public regardless, thats what team and leadership is all about.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's a different argument. You guys changed your argument.

Your argument re: Dhoni has merit, though I respectfully disagree. If we were just debating that, then that's fine.

But then you guys just started defending Sreesanth's antics and saying how he needs to express himself, and calling us keyboard warriors who don't know **** because we don't bowl 140kph. That's when you and vicleggie started acting like douche bags.

Shri

Mr. Glass
That's a different argument. You guys changed your argument.

Your argument re: Dhoni has merit, though I respectfully disagree. If we were just debating that, then that's fine.

But then you guys just started defending Sreesanth's antics and saying how he needs to express himself, and calling us keyboard warriors who don't know **** because we don't bowl 140kph. That's when you and vicleggie started acting like douche bags.
Lol what? Poor comprehension skills. I told people to give him time to become more mature on his own terms. Don't quote me if you want to respond to vicleggie. Read my previous posts on this topic and you will find that I have been on the same stance as my last post since the start. You are the one who came in and posted something that made this discussion move away from the point I was trying to make.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Thing that annoys me most about all this is Dhoni has been trying to act like a ****ing politically correct ambassador of peace for a while now, even bagging Sree in the 2nd SA test for aggression was hilarious. Don't think Dhoni saying all kinds of **** to the media helps at all in maintaining an optimistic dressing room atmosphere.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Point it out?
Zaheer's level of aggression seems to work fine.

Sreesanth's level of aggression seems to result in Brendon McCullum smashing him all over the park.
There. Wtf was the point of that post in context of the discussion? Zaheer's aggression works for him? Thank you captain obvious. But Sree isn't Zaheer.

After that post, I moved away from the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
flameee warrr!! haha jk, chill out guys :laugh:

But seriously though, most of the things Sreesanth does don't even qualify as aggression. If he simply talked **** to the batsmen and stared at them, it would be all well and good. Thats enough aggression for cricket. Sreesanth goes way beyond that with his crazy antics which not only embarrass him, but also his team mates and the people that answer for him.

Lastly, the fact that Dhoni stated that Sree 'irritates' his own teammates with his antics is clear proof that he does things (which we may not know since we only see them together during matches, which is probably 10% of all time that they spend together as a team) that is annoying his captain and others to the extent that Dhoni would even admit it to the press.

Just to clarify, all points above were to counter claim anyone who is trying to defend Sreesanth's antics. About Dhoni's comments, I have posted my views earlier. Imo, if a 20 something year old can't understand simple things like how to behave when millions of people are watching, he warrants more than just that comment.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There. Wtf was the point of that post in context of the discussion? Zaheer's aggression works for him? Thank you captain obvious. But Sree isn't Zaheer.

After that post, I moved away from the point I was trying to make.
Are you kidding?

You tried to divert the topic by saying something incredibly irrelevant, i.e. Zaheer's WC performance.

It was stupid to bring it up. Zaheer didn't have a habitual habit like Sree of making a fool of himself every match back in 2003. It was a stupid comparison and you know it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Are you kidding?

You tried to divert the topic by saying something incredibly irrelevant, i.e. Zaheer's WC performance.

It was stupid to bring it up. Zaheer didn't have a habitual habit like Sree of making a fool of himself every match back in 2003. It was a stupid comparison and you know it.
Yeah it was a stupid comparison, made out of nowhere without relevance to the point being discussed by you. Kudos.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
whatever. sreesanth has bowled well recently and has a descent test record. as harbhajan, our highest wicket taker currently playing, said, he's a very talented bowler and shouldkeep doing what he's doing as he can win a lot of matches for them overseas. He's going places, i respect people who are authentic and make a name for themselves, and he will be interesting when he comes to australia. What some people call 'crazy, embarrassing antics' others may call hilarious and exciting to watch.
Keyboard jockeys can suck it, and if u don't wanna watch him expressing himslef, then turn off the tv, as he will be in indian cricket for a long time to come.