• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Discussion (Final Squad Announced Post #82)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That's an absolute joke if someone ruled out with injury can come back.

Allows a lot of underhand tactics with players being declared injured when only out for a game or 2 then their replacement will be miraculously injured when they're fit again.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guessing Siddle, unfortunately. All the other seamers are too inexperienced.

Would be happy with Hopes. Would like Hussey to rejoin us, but then our depth will be waayyy stretching it.

TumTum

Banned
Siddle has been really good in India, very good replacement imo.

edit: but now that i look at this record he isn't :p but iirc he bowled a good line there in the 2nd last odi series...

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Took 6/50 or so in a Shield game the other day too, so he's in decent enough form.
Shield form is hardly a good yardstick to gauge someone's form for the LO format, he is just a poor one day bowler has got a one-dimensional style of bowling with virtually no variations at all and it would be pretty disappointing if he is sent over as Dougeh's replacment.

As I said in the other thread SOK would be my pick gives us a good spin back-up option and brings in some variation to the squad as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
He's not that bad. There was a spell in 08 IIRC where he did basically the same job as Watson is doing now and did it well.

Was rubbish last year though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
O'Keefe has been stupidly dire in one day cricket. I'm pretty sure he'll improve that record but there's no way I'd support calling up a bowler with an average of 70.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A medium pace all rounder who bats left handed would be nice, not that we have one.

By medium pace, I mean one of those affront to cricket trundlers who will bowl well in ODIs in the subcontinent, but who wouldn't get a bowl in a million years in four day cricket.

Shame Henriques is right handed :ph34r:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A medium pace all rounder who bats left handed would be nice, not that we have one.
Butterworth! :p

By medium pace, I mean one of those affront to cricket trundlers who will bowl well in ODIs in the subcontinent, but who wouldn't get a bowl in a million years in four day cricket.
Ahh, leading wicket taker in the Shield this season. He won't do at all.

Marcus North has been working on his meds I hear. :ph34r:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I saw that Doherty was playing the last round of domestic matches. They could call him up, he's surely a level better than Krejza in ODI's?

Spark

Global Moderator
Well apparently Mussey himself has said that he's been informed that he might be able to be picked. Bizarre if so, but an incalculable boost to us if he's flown over.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We still have Hastings as back up right? Hope Mussey does come back.
Tait and Lee simultaneously picking up short-term injuries is hardly out of the question though - then we'd have Johnson and Hastings opening the bowling. Neither of them even do that at state level. Admittedly the same problem would exist would my replacement (Hopes) but without him first change would be Watson and we'd have to get at least 20 overs out of Krejza, Smith and Dave Hussey.

I'd love to have Hussey in, but not only do I think it'd be under-handed, I think it'd leave us very vulnerable to injury too.

TumTum

Banned
Good point. Why can't we bring back Mussey straight into the XI and also send in another back-up bowler?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Siddle will come in. He's got a big heart and good to have around the team, etc etc.

I hope that whoever comes in doesn't play a game.