• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gilchrist a cheater?

Fiery

Banned
The rules need to be clarified on what can be used and what can't and does the players need to get permission to try something new.
Yes they should and Gilchrist didn't bother to do this, probably in the hope that no one would give a rats. Obviously it would have been better for him ask the authorities if it was OK, and I'm surprised he didn't given the height of the moral ground he likes to place himself on.

pasag

RTDAS
A well thought out post !! Let's talk about the Lees, Malingas and Akhtars etc to conveniently forget the BIG CHEAT. I guess the smoke screen approach deflects attention from the GREATEST CHUCKER OF ALL TIMES !!
Gilchrist....a great cricketer !!!

Everyone knows who the real cheater is......the chucker.
Oh! I think you may have misread my post? With respect, I was referring to an internationally regarded CHEAT who instead of bowling in the spirit of the game has CHUCKED, CHUCKED, CHUCKED. History will long remember him for his CHUCKING action.
Dire. This has got to be one of the worst threads ever in terms of overall content and posts.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Just that it's not something that commendable imo. Irrelevant to the discussion though.

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no because walkers imo are people who are honest and is a good sportsmen. and see themselves in high grounds.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The only people I've seen agree with the idea that the ball was unfair and was the reason Gilchrist scored 149 are bitter and biased Sri Lankans. Shut up already and acknowledge a magnificent innings. The squash ball wasn't timing those shots, the squash ball wasn't seeing the cricket ball like a beach ball....

While Sri Lankans captain and team may be gracious the same can't be said for their fans.
I can assure you its a minority ....and such a minority does exist in every country... as they do in Australia as well I am sure..

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whole thread=woeful.

Could have had some decent discussion about the legality of the squash ball, but no.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dire. This has got to be one of the worst threads ever in terms of overall content and posts.
I take that as a compliment from an expert like you. Why not look in your own backyard....have another read of some of the comments made to your boring and largely useless threads. Listen to them...they are indeed trying to help you (a huge challenge indeed). :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
I take that as a compliment from an expert like you. Why not look in your own backyard....have another read of some of the comments made to your boring and largely useless threads. Listen to them...they are indeed trying to help you (a huge challenge indeed). :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Lol, what are you; braindead, troll or a little bit of both?

pup11

International Coach
Gilly is one of the few men in world cricket that i would expect to cheat, comeon guys give me a break he is the same man who walked in a WC semi-final in 03 after he nicked the ball.

If Gilly was trying to cheat why the hell would he tell the whole world that he had a squash ball inside his glove??

Really dire thread this!!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Gilly is one of the few men in world cricket that i would expect to cheat, comeon guys give me a break he is the same man who walked in a WC semi-final in 03 after he nicked the ball.

If Gilly was trying to cheat why the hell would he tell the whole world that he had a squash ball inside his glove??

Really dire thread this!!
Who every said in this thread that he intenually tired to cheat. Most people have just said that having squash balls in his gloves needs to be looked at closer by the ICC, due to advantage its seems to give to a batsmen. I have to question whether some people even read people posts.

Oh yeah he walked, batsmen have been doing that forever, most don't just make a song and dance about it to make themselves look like a saints. Forever enough it wasn't all his fault as the Australian media made it a lot bigger then what it was.

Laurrz

International Debutant
apparently Hayden and Gilly are on drugs ... spoken from a sri lankan doctor lmao \

accept defeat plz

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
More brains then sence, or either that or he paid his way to a medical degree and an article in the paper.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow, dropped on your head a lot as a baby hey?