• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Being Magnanimous in Defeat

legglancer12

School Boy/Girl Captain
I agree with Jason that Mahela was absolutely gracious in Defeat. He did not resort to whining about Injuries, Toss,Conditions, Weather, Luck, ect ...... to take anything away from the opposition.

In short Mahela has been an Example this WC final.

Last edited:

Ash_A55

U19 Captain

In this World Cup I have only come across one Team that has been a sore loser or kept finding excuses time after time everytime they lost.

I am of course referring to the South Africans.
Totally agree, they are a complete set of n**s

Fiery

Banned
Nuts isn't filtered, believe it or not, and avoiding the filter is not the deadset best idea.
Give it a rest Richard, you do it all the time... using **** and saying ffs. Clean up your own back yard first, mate. People will get off your back a bit if you stop preaching to people about trivial and pedantic things like this.

Please don't take it the wrong way either...it's meant to be constructive criticism and I'm not just having a crack at you.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Just because 1 player went off with cramps and you blame a loss on that, in all honesty you were not good enough to win. 1 player does not = the whole Team , whatever you might say.

They were just not good enough on that day , nor were they good enough on the other 4 occasions (including loss to Bang) ...I mean you can accept an excuse for 1 loss...but to do it time after time after every loss...its a bit pathetic, IMHO..
Uh that one partnership looked to steer the saffies to victory. 1 player doesn't= the team but 1 player can change the out come of the game. that's how cricket is and that's how other sports are too. kobe shouldn't = the lakers but that's how it kind of is. If kobe does good lakers wins most time, if he doesn't they don't but again kobe doesn't= the whole team.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Biggest load of crap I have had the mis-fortune to read in this forum.:pissed:
IN MY OPINION this was posted by a Saffie hater who didn't either listen to any of the post match interviews with Smith, or read any of them.
He quoted other people every time and nowhere do I see a direct quote from the Captain.
You can hate us as much as you like, that is your prerogative, but don't go on about sportsmanship, etc. and then post such a blatantly biased load of rubbish. It's not good sportsmanship!:disgust:
Errm...Because I dislike their inability to accept defeat and be magnanimous...I am a Saffie Hater....where are you from .... Don't get into a victim mentality and think the whole world hates you ...or that people are there with Vendetta against you... Just highlighting the negative nature of your Team and their PR that has bee pretty poor after losses...ok

And by the way your posts are usually a lot of nonsense...so I am not surprised about the lack of sense in your post again. :ph34r: :@

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
why didn't murali come in and bat at 10 like he was supposed to in the final?
Because, the Sri Lankans wanted to use that as an excuse for their loss...:laugh:

Because Sri Lanka would've won had he batted in good light...he would've scored a century in 20 balls and we would've won with a couple of overs to spare... we just wanted to use it as our main excuse at the post Match Press Conference...so SL PR machine and spin doctor told SL Team not to let Murali bat.... hope its clear now...:laugh:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Because, the Sri Lankans wanted to use that as an excuse for their loss...:laugh:

Because Sri Lanka would've won had he batted in good light...he would've scored a century in 20 balls and we would've won with a couple of overs to spare... we just wanted to use it as our main excuse at the post Match Press Conference...so SL PR machine and spin doctor told SL Team not to let Murali bat.... hope its clear now...:laugh:
Don't patronise...

Of course I can see the logic behind it but something about it definately bugs me. Should never surrender until the dying stages and if you do you aren't as glorious in defeat as you could other be.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Errm...Because I dislike their inability to accept defeat and be magnanimous...I am a Saffie Hater....where are you from .... Don't get into a victim mentality and think the whole world hates you ...or that people are there with Vendetta against you... Just highlighting the negative nature of your Team and their PR that has bee pretty poor after losses...ok

And by the way your posts are usually a lot of nonsense...so I am not surprised about the lack of sense in your post again. :ph34r: :@
Anybody know where I put my copy of Jagged Little Pill?

Oh never mind - it looks like JASON has borrowed it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Give it a rest Richard, you do it all the time... using **** and saying ffs. Clean up your own back yard first, mate. People will get off your back a bit if you stop preaching to people about trivial and pedantic things like this.

Please don't take it the wrong way either...it's meant to be constructive criticism and I'm not just having a crack at you.
No, I don't - typing stars is not avoiding the filter. Nor is saying FFS or WTF - otherwise the hundreds of posters that do both ATT would be pulled-up.

It's not trivial - avoiding the filter WILL get you into trouble, and I'm advising people that it's not the best course of action. If a mod spots it, you'll start getting warnings before long.