• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2011?? Your team

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gone for a something a bit outlandish, trying to keep an idea of what the conditions will be like in the 2011 World Cup.

Benning
+Mustard
Bell
KP
Trescothick
*Collingwood
Flintoff
Plunkett
Panesar
S Jones
Anderson

gunner

U19 Cricketer
pakistan team

butt
raeem(very good player still only 20 and smashing domestic teams all over the park, recently played in the academy tri series vs bangla and SL)
malik
yousuf
raza
afridi
razzaq
akmal/sarfraz ahmed(the under-19 keeper in "that" final)
Asif
Najaf/Jamshed
Anwar Ali

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So why the hell do you keep replying?? Can you suggest a thread one could create that would get the dickinson seal of approval?
Virtually all threads, given that I make remarks like that fairly rarely as proportional to the number of threads I post in.

haroon510

International 12th Man
pakistan team

butt
raeem(very good player still only 20 and smashing domestic teams all over the park, recently played in the academy tri series vs bangla and SL)
malik
yousuf
raza
afridi
razzaq
akmal/sarfraz ahmed(the under-19 keeper in "that" final)
Asif
Najaf/Jamshed
Anwar Ali
No asim kamal and yasir hameed, gul, rahman?

kamran akhmal still there. he is the worst wicket keeper in the history of cricket.

i think it is to early to predict a team for pakistan just becuase they change their players too often. in four years they couldn't find one stable opening pair and the reason was the often change of the players.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Who knows what the Pakistan team will look like...This is my X1 for 2011.:)

Salman Butt
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Yasir Arafat
Umar Gul
Rao Iftikar
Mohammed Asif
i don't think younis would be playing one dayers by then. so asim kamal would be there.
malik in one down position while asim kamal in number five. no place of kamran akmal. i think pakistan can do much better and there are alot of talented wicket keeper batsman in pakistan. it is time for them to be tried and given a chance. also a new fast bowler should be there in place of rao iftikhar. some one like mohmmad khalil, anwar ali or samiallah naizi.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't Anderson 16? as the future of our fast bowling I think the selectors will be very careful with him. I would hope so anyway. Same goes for Williamson. I hope Jesse Ryder comes good though, I believe someone on here said he had more talent than Taylor but had a poor attitude. I don't know much about Todd Astle though, is he a relative of Nathan by any chance?
Yeah, Anderson and Williamson both 16 - just threw them out there as random selections. Don't think they'd put Williamson in so early, but I'm concerned about the young bowlers coming through - perhaps Hamish Bennett?

Todd Astle is only a distant relative of Nathan.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, Anderson and Williamson both 16 - just threw them out there as random selections. Don't think they'd put Williamson in so early, but I'm concerned about the young bowlers coming through - perhaps Hamish Bennett?

Todd Astle is only a distant relative of Nathan.
I have no faith in the sanity of our selectors. Ken Rutherford is a prime example. At 19 he was forced to open against the West Indies fast bowling attack when he was a middle order player. I am concerned for the young bowlers as well, because we have limited good seamers so they will probably be forced in fairly young. they better at least leave them alone until they are fully gorwn. The demands of international cricket on a fast seamer that is still growing will ruin our young talent IMO. I pray our selectors are not that stupid.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Gone for a something a bit outlandish, trying to keep an idea of what the conditions will be like in the 2011 World Cup.

Benning
+MustardBell
KP
Trescothick
*Collingwood
Flintoff
Plunkett
Panesar
S Jones
Anderson
Mustard is actually a really good prospect for the future. I saw him make an OD 100 last year, and he looked like a really good strokemaker, something that we desperately need.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Matthew Prior was OK... once every 5 innings or so... when he was only playing domestic cricket too.

adharcric

International Coach
I was getting worried that nobody cared about India's 2011 WC side, then this man came along ...
India doesn't need younger talent :-

1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Irfan Pathan
4. Sourav Ganguly
5. Rahul Dravid
6. MS Dhoni
7. Yuvraj Singh
8. Zaheer Khan
9. Ajit Agarkar
10. Munaf Patel
11. Harbhajan Singh.
:laugh:

On another note, I'll do my thing ...

Uthappa, Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj (c), Raina, Tiwary, Dhoni, Chawla, Sreesanth, RP Singh, Ishant Sharma ... and several others with a shot, this is pointless .....

Scaly piscine

he's never made a OD hundred...and averages 19.
As I keep saying it's a nearly always a waste of time looking at career averages for looking at county players who could possibly play for England. He's a rapidly improving batsman, and so his early averages were awful and even last season he batted at 7 sometimes which isn't his position and won't help. He ended up averaging 25 in List A cricket last season at a SR of over 100. He's averaging over 50 from just the two games this season at a SR of just under 100. His seasonal average will get better and he's only 24. Obviously you don't know how he'll perform in ODIs until he's picked - Geraint, Prior and Read have hardly done brilliantly even with some of them having a good county record and having a wicket-keeper who opens and attacks like Mustard (and who's left handed) would be very good for England's balance.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
My Aussie team for 2011

1.Ed.Cowan
2.S.Watson
3.M.Clarke
4.C.White
5.A.Symonds (there is still a WC left in him)
6.M.Cosgrove
7.B.Haddin
8.N.Hauritz
9.M.Johnson
10.B.Lee
11.S.Tait

12.B.Hilfenhaus
13.N.Bracken
14.D.Cullen
15.T.Brit

But then 4 years is a long time period and a lot can change in that time, who knows Ponting could still be playing odi cricket then and even leading the side, same goes with M.Hussey.

Flem274*

123/5
1.Ed.Cowan
2.S.Watson
3.M.Clarke
4.C.White
6.M.Cosgrove
7.B.Haddin
8.N.Hauritz
9.M.Johnson
10.B.Lee
11.S.Tait

12.B.Hilfenhaus
13.N.Bracken
14.D.Cullen
15.T.Brit

But then 4 years is a long time period and a lot can change in that time, who knows Ponting could still be playing odi cricket then and even leading the side, same goes with M.Hussey.
That bowling attack looks wierd without McGrath there. Why is'nt Bracken starting?

Doesn't look as dangerous as it is currently IMO. I'm not complaining though. Can't wait to see the new teams for each country play.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1.Ed.Cowan
2.S.Watson
3.M.Clarke
4.C.White
6.M.Cosgrove
7.B.Haddin
8.N.Hauritz
9.M.Johnson
10.B.Lee
11.S.Tait

12.B.Hilfenhaus
13.N.Bracken
14.D.Cullen
15.T.Brit

Haha, Hauritz > Bracken. :laugh: You be crazy.

itduzz

Banned
This wud be Aus team in 2011 WC

Jacques
Rogers
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Symmonds
Haddin
Lee
White
Tait
Bracken

Batting looks gr8 but on flat sub continent pitches i dont Lee & Tait playing together

Flem274*

123/5

Jacques
Rogers
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Symmonds
Haddin
Lee
White
Tait
Bracken

Batting looks gr8 but on flat sub continent pitches i dont Lee & Tait playing together
That team needs 20 overs out of White, Symonds and Clake. Bye bye ball.

Perm

Jacques
Rogers
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Symmonds
Haddin
Lee
White
Tait
Bracken

Can't see why Rogers would be in there, he has a poor List A record if I remember correctly. Also, White should be batting above Lee.