Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Any other NZ fans still ****ed off?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm actually not sure he was. You'd know better than me as it's likely he only posted in that thread if he was around, but I've only seen 16toS once, very briefly, in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

He lasted 1 day, incidentally. And I honestly think the Camel56 types were even worse, and yes, Gelman did fill me in on some of the nonsense FILOCRICKET posted.
    FILOCRICKET was infinitely worse than Camel56. Trust me. Most of that stuff was so bad that you really did have to be there first hand to see how bad it was. The first and hopefully only case of me putting someone on ignore.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

he is a cheating chucker as well tbf
    Proud to be a Colt!

M Hopgood: Followed up his debut century with a half century. Most likely the most impressive begin to a List A career by a Colts batsman in their history. In fantastic form at the moment, and will look to transfer that form into the first class arena. 8/10

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    FILOCRICKET was infinitely worse than Camel56. Trust me. Most of that stuff was so bad that you really did have to be there first hand to see how bad it was. The first and hopefully only case of me putting someone on ignore.
    Haha, OK. I hated the Camel56 types like no other, mind - even SW\BLE. And I've seen plenty of other nonsensical (and some bigoted) posters in my time too.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy1987 View Post

Considered more tbh.

Haha, I even considered it tbf.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

I thought
    Could have been posted by Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy1987 View Post
    might have been better, but on balance I decided against it.

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    You'd know better than me as it's likely he only posted in that thread if he was around, but I've only seen 16toS once, very briefly, in the last 2 or 3 weeks.
    Yeah, a combination of a week-long course for work, and general depression about the dire state of cricket outside Australia has kept me away. So basically I have no idea what the FILOCRICKET thing is about.

As far as Fiery goes, naturally he would see my comments as some random broadside. Unfortunately he thinks that because he offers a quick (and probably insincere) apology after making one of his typically outrageous comments that it means his generally offensive and grating personality isn't remembered for the stain on CW that it is. He must think we all have the memories of goldfish given how surprised and offended he gets when anyone has a go at him.

I simply cannot understand why a member with his prediliction for conflict and insults hasn't been permanently banned, especially when compared to the sort of (much tamer, IMO) antics that have seen other, better posters given lengthy or permanent bans.

If my attack on him has annoyed anyone, I am sorry for that. The topic of this thread is a legitimate and interesting one, but when the initial post is laced with swearwords and accusations of cheating it ceases to be conducive to debate and simply devolves the whole argument into a bitter and pointless rant, and I certainly don't think my "worst poster ever" comment can possibly have lowered a thread that was at rock bottom anyway.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Regarding Murali's post match interview with Athers, I thought that showed he believed he took the catch fairly, and not that he had cheated at all.

It seems to me that if Murali had cheated, claimed a catch he knew to be false, then he would have lied and told Athers that he had thought he had claimed it fairly.

(Surely Murali, after all these years, would know that he had a target on his back)

His comments seemed to be the comments of a man who thought he took a dicy catch fairly, and after being queried about it realised there was doubt regarding it.

In my view, his comments and the honesty within them, indicate his innocence, not his guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Yeah, a combination of a week-long course for work, and general depression about the dire state of cricket outside Australia has kept me away. So basically I have no idea what the FILOCRICKET thing is about.
    Hahahaha, it's far, far better to stay that way TBH. Most of the worst stuff has been deleted by Pickup and Towns, which tells you how bad it was.
    As far as Fiery goes, naturally he would see my comments as some random broadside. Unfortunately he thinks that because he offers a quick (and probably insincere) apology after making one of his typically outrageous comments that it means his generally offensive and grating personality isn't remembered for the stain on CW that it is. He must think we all have the memories of goldfish given how surprised and offended he gets when anyone has a go at him.

I simply cannot understand why a member with his prediliction for conflict and insults hasn't been permanently banned, especially when compared to the sort of (much tamer, IMO) antics that have seen other, better posters given lengthy or permanent bans.

If my attack on him has annoyed anyone, I am sorry for that. The topic of this thread is a legitimate and interesting one, but when the initial post is laced with swearwords and accusations of cheating it ceases to be conducive to debate and simply devolves the whole argument into a bitter and pointless rant, and I certainly don't think my "worst poster ever" comment can possibly have lowered a thread that was at rock bottom anyway.
    I'd disagree with Fiery being quite so bad as you make him out - we all have our faults, and overuse of the old profanity is one of his (I have my own, naturally - though obsessive compusiveness doesn't rate as one of them ) but here is really not, IMO, the place to discuss such things. It only heads one way, we know that for certain based on countless millions of past cases (any number of which have, of course, concerned me).

I'd say if Fiery annoys you so much, use ignore-lists. I don't like them myself and never use them, but they can have use for guys like you.

And for those of you who'd accuse me of hypocrisy - old news.

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    I'd disagree with Fiery being quite so bad as you make him out... but here is really not, IMO, the place to discuss such things.
    Meh, to be honest I don't think the mods do a great job in that area. I've followed protocols, they never lead anywhere IMO. If we could at least get some feedback when reporting posts it would go a long way to restoring my confidence in the system at least.

I'd say if Fiery annoys you so much, use ignore-lists.
    I don't use ignore lists because I find that you lose track of what's being discussed.

Fair noof on both counts, I guess.

I've only ever very recently used the report-post function, to see if we can get shot of SW\BLE a bit quicker than otherwise (and that does seem to have acted far from instantly) so I'm no expert there.

I see where you're coming from on the feedback idea - email The Boss and ask him (if you haven't already), it's unlikely that he'll see it here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post

*ignores this holier than thou slop...glass houses...*
    Last edited by Fiery; 01-05-2007 at 09:40 PM.

tbf Richard, you don't read Official threads and he sure has posted some **** in those.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    tbf Richard, you don't read Official threads and he sure has posted some **** in those.
    Yes, we're all aware of our difference of opinion on Shane Watson...and yes I got banned for calling you gay. I apologise...let it go.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Speaking of good posters being banned, where's Blaze lately?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information