• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any other NZ fans still ****ed off?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
You'd know better than me as it's likely he only posted in that thread if he was around, but I've only seen 16toS once, very briefly, in the last 2 or 3 weeks.
Yeah, a combination of a week-long course for work, and general depression about the dire state of cricket outside Australia has kept me away. So basically I have no idea what the FILOCRICKET thing is about.

As far as Fiery goes, naturally he would see my comments as some random broadside. Unfortunately he thinks that because he offers a quick (and probably insincere) apology after making one of his typically outrageous comments that it means his generally offensive and grating personality isn't remembered for the stain on CW that it is. He must think we all have the memories of goldfish given how surprised and offended he gets when anyone has a go at him.

I simply cannot understand why a member with his prediliction for conflict and insults hasn't been permanently banned, especially when compared to the sort of (much tamer, IMO) antics that have seen other, better posters given lengthy or permanent bans.

If my attack on him has annoyed anyone, I am sorry for that. The topic of this thread is a legitimate and interesting one, but when the initial post is laced with swearwords and accusations of cheating it ceases to be conducive to debate and simply devolves the whole argument into a bitter and pointless rant, and I certainly don't think my "worst poster ever" comment can possibly have lowered a thread that was at rock bottom anyway.

JBH001

International Regular
Regarding Murali's post match interview with Athers, I thought that showed he believed he took the catch fairly, and not that he had cheated at all.

It seems to me that if Murali had cheated, claimed a catch he knew to be false, then he would have lied and told Athers that he had thought he had claimed it fairly.

(Surely Murali, after all these years, would know that he had a target on his back)

His comments seemed to be the comments of a man who thought he took a dicy catch fairly, and after being queried about it realised there was doubt regarding it.

In my view, his comments and the honesty within them, indicate his innocence, not his guilt.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, a combination of a week-long course for work, and general depression about the dire state of cricket outside Australia has kept me away. So basically I have no idea what the FILOCRICKET thing is about.
Hahahaha, it's far, far better to stay that way TBH. Most of the worst stuff has been deleted by Pickup and Towns, which tells you how bad it was.
As far as Fiery goes, naturally he would see my comments as some random broadside. Unfortunately he thinks that because he offers a quick (and probably insincere) apology after making one of his typically outrageous comments that it means his generally offensive and grating personality isn't remembered for the stain on CW that it is. He must think we all have the memories of goldfish given how surprised and offended he gets when anyone has a go at him.

I simply cannot understand why a member with his prediliction for conflict and insults hasn't been permanently banned, especially when compared to the sort of (much tamer, IMO) antics that have seen other, better posters given lengthy or permanent bans.

If my attack on him has annoyed anyone, I am sorry for that. The topic of this thread is a legitimate and interesting one, but when the initial post is laced with swearwords and accusations of cheating it ceases to be conducive to debate and simply devolves the whole argument into a bitter and pointless rant, and I certainly don't think my "worst poster ever" comment can possibly have lowered a thread that was at rock bottom anyway.
I'd disagree with Fiery being quite so bad as you make him out - we all have our faults, and overuse of the old profanity is one of his (I have my own, naturally - though obsessive compusiveness doesn't rate as one of them 8-)) but here is really not, IMO, the place to discuss such things. It only heads one way, we know that for certain based on countless millions of past cases (any number of which have, of course, concerned me).

I'd say if Fiery annoys you so much, use ignore-lists. I don't like them myself and never use them, but they can have use for guys like you. :)

And for those of you who'd accuse me of hypocrisy - old news. :yawn:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I'd disagree with Fiery being quite so bad as you make him out... but here is really not, IMO, the place to discuss such things.
Meh, to be honest I don't think the mods do a great job in that area. I've followed protocols, they never lead anywhere IMO. If we could at least get some feedback when reporting posts it would go a long way to restoring my confidence in the system at least.

I'd say if Fiery annoys you so much, use ignore-lists.
I don't use ignore lists because I find that you lose track of what's being discussed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fair noof on both counts, I guess. :)

I've only ever very recently used the report-post function, to see if we can get shot of SW\BLE a bit quicker than otherwise (and that does seem to have acted far from instantly) so I'm no expert there.

I see where you're coming from on the feedback idea - email The Boss and ask him (if you haven't already), it's unlikely that he'll see it here.

Fiery

Banned

*ignores this holier than thou slop...glass houses...*

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, OK. I hated the Camel56 types like no other, mind - even SW\BLE. And I've seen plenty of other nonsensical (and some bigoted) posters in my time too.
I think FILOCRICKET is back actually, I'm sure I saw him make a new post in the other cricket chat forum. Him and that fernando guy going on about lions eating kangaroos and kiwisoup was really, really annoying. So was the use of "Agent Shane Bond" and other random crap.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Here's Oram's view of what happened from the Manawatu Standard

As for his controversial dismissal when Muttiah Muralitharan appeared to grass the catch off his own bowling, Oram said Muralitharan was happy he'd caught it and umpire Rudi Koertzen nodded Oram's way.

"That's the way cricket goes sometimes."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think FILOCRICKET is back actually, I'm sure I saw him make a new post in the other cricket chat forum. Him and that fernando guy going on about lions eating kangaroos and kiwisoup was really, really annoying. So was the use of "Agent Shane Bond" and other random crap.
Oh well, long as we don't see him again on here we're all happy. :)

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Fair comment that, Oram has always struggled again Murali...mind you, most batsmen have
That's not entirely true. In ODI's Murali hasn't got the best record against Australia, India, West Indies and Pakistan. Actually that's incredibly harsh on Murali his record is quite good, it's just that he's done much better against South Africa, England and especially New Zealand, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

He averages around 31 against Australia. 27 against India and West Indies. 25 against Pakistan. 22 against England and South Africa and is below averaging 20 against NZ, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

That's why I was so suprised so many people were picking New Zealand to beat Sri Lanka. Murali does much better against New Zealand than he does against other teams.