Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other NZ fans still ****ed off?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How exactly did he sound on that?
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27783281...win_WC_07.divx
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post

Banned

ing won't help - you know that the filter is there for a reason and you know that avoiding it just is not a good idea.

I'm not a mod, I'm just saying this as a friend.

Banned
    ing won't help - you know that the filter is there for a reason and you know that avoiding it just is not a good idea.

ok Rich, I wasn't avoiding the filter, the word I used was in context and hasn't been censored...but point taken mate

Banned

Until you stop using "FFS" in every other post, then shut that crass, gutter tombstone graveyard you call a mouth.

speaking of the filter,
    love how mis****s gets censored. miss-hits

Nigh****chman is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT BREAKS View Post
    Until you stop using "FFS" in every other post, then shut that crass, gutter tombstone graveyard you call a mouth.
    FFS isn't even a banned abbreviation.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Very cagey imo. Nervous smile when asked about it by Atherton

Lostman, thanks for the video clip.

Fiery, Murali was confident he caught it...in fact he used "definitely" in his response. One think to note is that most of these Lankans do not speak fluent English...Murali is much improved in this respect over the past few years, but still thinks and has to translate impromptu questions from Tamil to English...so to us it looks a tad awkward.

I can understand your dissapointment as it was a key moment in the game - but the way Oram has been unable to read Murali (ICC Chaps trophy, S8 game and in this game), then you wonder how long he would have survived.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Oram's ability or lack of it against Murali is irrelevant to the catch issue though.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    FFS isn't even a banned abbreviation.
    For ****'s sake would be filtered. Using the abbreviated form could be construed as avoiding the filter just as much as saying "****", which is obviously a legitimate word in its own right, unlike FFS.

Not that I give a rats arse, but at least clean up your own act before lording over others over pointless crap.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by shehanwije View Post
    Lostman, thanks for the video clip.

Fiery, Murali was confident he caught it...in fact he used "definitely" in his response. One think to note is that most of these Lankans do not speak fluent English...Murali is much improved in this respect over the past few years, but still thinks and has to translate impromptu questions from Tamil to English...so to us it looks a tad awkward.

I can understand your dissapointment as it was a key moment in the game - but the way Oram has been unable to read Murali (ICC Chaps trophy, S8 game and in this game), then you wonder how long he would have survived.
    I agree, you are absolutely correct. Most of the Lankan cricketers are usually thinking in native lingo and constantly translating to English in their own head before replying...hence a little delay as the translation is happening inside..

Having said that of this SL Team I would say after Kumar (who is the most Fluent speaker in English and turning out to be great writer too..no wonder the guy is a Lawyer) and Mahela , Murali would be the most fluent speaker in English followed by Maharoof ...The others have quite a bit of Trouble or come out with ready made phrases generally.

This thread is about Fiery's frustrations ... I generally ignore these threads , and as a Fellow Lankan I would say nothing you say here will make any difference to the severely mentally scarred author of this thread...leave him to his misery...

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    I agree, you are absolutely correct. Most of the Lankan cricketers are usually thinking in native lingo and constantly translating to English in their own head before replying...hence a little delay as the translation is happening inside..

Having said that of this SL Team I would say after Kumar (who is the most Fluent speaker in English and turning out to be great writer too..no wonder the guy is a Lawyer) and Mahela , Murali would be the most fluent speaker in English followed by Maharoof ...The others have quite a bit of Trouble or come out with ready made phrases generally.

This thread is about Fiery's frustrations ... I generally ignore these threads , and as a Fellow Lankan I would say nothing you say here will make any difference to the severely mentally scarred author of this thread...leave him to his misery...
    Thanks for the advice.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information