Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 99

Thread: Any other NZ fans still ****ed off?

  1. #46
    State Captain Lostman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How exactly did he sound on that?
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27783281...win_WC_07.divx
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

  2. #47
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  3. #48
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    ****

  4. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post


  5. #50
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    ing won't help - you know that the filter is there for a reason and you know that avoiding it just is not a good idea.

    I'm not a mod, I'm just saying this as a friend.

  6. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ing won't help - you know that the filter is there for a reason and you know that avoiding it just is not a good idea.

    I'm not a mod, I'm just saying this as a friend.
    ok Rich, I wasn't avoiding the filter, the word I used was in context and hasn't been censored...but point taken mate

  7. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oxshot
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ing won't help - you know that the filter is there for a reason and you know that avoiding it just is not a good idea.

    I'm not a mod, I'm just saying this as a friend.
    Until you stop using "FFS" in every other post, then shut that crass, gutter tombstone graveyard you call a mouth.

  8. #53
    State Captain Lostman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,945
    speaking of the filter,
    love how mis****s gets censored. miss-hits

  9. #54
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Nigh****chman is the same.

  10. #55
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT BREAKS View Post
    Until you stop using "FFS" in every other post, then shut that crass, gutter tombstone graveyard you call a mouth.
    FFS isn't even a banned abbreviation.

  11. #56
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Very cagey imo. Nervous smile when asked about it by Atherton

    Lostman, thanks for the video clip.

    Fiery, Murali was confident he caught it...in fact he used "definitely" in his response. One think to note is that most of these Lankans do not speak fluent English...Murali is much improved in this respect over the past few years, but still thinks and has to translate impromptu questions from Tamil to English...so to us it looks a tad awkward.

    I can understand your dissapointment as it was a key moment in the game - but the way Oram has been unable to read Murali (ICC Chaps trophy, S8 game and in this game), then you wonder how long he would have survived.

  12. #57
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,726
    Oram's ability or lack of it against Murali is irrelevant to the catch issue though.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  13. #58
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    FFS isn't even a banned abbreviation.
    For ****'s sake would be filtered. Using the abbreviated form could be construed as avoiding the filter just as much as saying "****", which is obviously a legitimate word in its own right, unlike FFS.

    Not that I give a rats arse, but at least clean up your own act before lording over others over pointless crap.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  14. #59
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by shehanwije View Post
    Lostman, thanks for the video clip.

    Fiery, Murali was confident he caught it...in fact he used "definitely" in his response. One think to note is that most of these Lankans do not speak fluent English...Murali is much improved in this respect over the past few years, but still thinks and has to translate impromptu questions from Tamil to English...so to us it looks a tad awkward.

    I can understand your dissapointment as it was a key moment in the game - but the way Oram has been unable to read Murali (ICC Chaps trophy, S8 game and in this game), then you wonder how long he would have survived.
    I agree, you are absolutely correct. Most of the Lankan cricketers are usually thinking in native lingo and constantly translating to English in their own head before replying...hence a little delay as the translation is happening inside..

    Having said that of this SL Team I would say after Kumar (who is the most Fluent speaker in English and turning out to be great writer too..no wonder the guy is a Lawyer) and Mahela , Murali would be the most fluent speaker in English followed by Maharoof ...The others have quite a bit of Trouble or come out with ready made phrases generally.

    This thread is about Fiery's frustrations ... I generally ignore these threads , and as a Fellow Lankan I would say nothing you say here will make any difference to the severely mentally scarred author of this thread...leave him to his misery...

  15. #60
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    I agree, you are absolutely correct. Most of the Lankan cricketers are usually thinking in native lingo and constantly translating to English in their own head before replying...hence a little delay as the translation is happening inside..

    Having said that of this SL Team I would say after Kumar (who is the most Fluent speaker in English and turning out to be great writer too..no wonder the guy is a Lawyer) and Mahela , Murali would be the most fluent speaker in English followed by Maharoof ...The others have quite a bit of Trouble or come out with ready made phrases generally.

    This thread is about Fiery's frustrations ... I generally ignore these threads , and as a Fellow Lankan I would say nothing you say here will make any difference to the severely mentally scarred author of this thread...leave him to his misery...
    Thanks for the advice.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 114
    Last Post: 26-03-2007, 02:02 AM
  2. Question for non- Australian or English Fans
    By luffy in forum Ashes 2006/07
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 23-11-2006, 09:26 AM
  3. Hi Black Caps Fans
    By BlackCapForLife in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 12:48 AM
  4. Non-Playing Cricket Fans
    By Autobahn in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 30-06-2006, 05:53 AM
  5. Indian fans outraged !!
    By Trescothin in forum World Cup 2003
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-02-2003, 01:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •