Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other NZ fans still ****ed off?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Fiery, we've warned you so many times about your behaviour on the forums, and we were nice enough to reduce your ban by a week as a sign of good faith. You're really tasting our patience now. This is a final warning before a long-term ban.
    For speaking my mind? I haven't abused anyone here

PY
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Are there any other NZ fans still pissed off with Murali claiming that Oram catch....the cheating little bastard........the ****** cheating little scumbag
    Along with the posts that Andy showed us isn't what is expected to be honest. It is possible to express an opinion without swearing and being aggressive, even if it is your personality.

For speaking my mind? I haven't abused anyone here
    You're kidding right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    What are you, 13? Sorry for being so much less mature than you....you sophisticated, intelligent, wise old man....kiss my ass, pineapple boy, it's just my opinion
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    Along with the posts that Andy showed us isn't what is expected to be honest. It is possible to express an opinion without swearing and being aggressive, even if it is your personality.

You're kidding right?
    OK, fair call, my apologies PY.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    It's Cameron you should be apologising to, TBH. Your post aimed at him was most unsatisfactory and I'm very surprised that you'd sink so low as to say what you did.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Ffs!
    And I'd second that FFS (presuming you fell victim to the lack of a "z" there ), the previous thread was closed for good reason IMO. People claim catches they shouldn't have - this may or may not be one of those cases. But we're never, ever going to know, unless Murali admits he didn't believe it was a clean take. No point IMO in going on about it, it only results in fire-throwing of the type we've seen here.

Jdz
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Whangaparaonoid.

Yeah, think you're getting a bit too overboard about the whole thing. It's part of Cricket, sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some. Would you be complaining if it was Vettori taking the debatable catch for New Zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdz View Post
    Whangaparaonoid.

Yeah, think you're getting a bit too overboard about the whole thing. It's part of Cricket, sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some. Would you be complaining if it was Vettori taking the debatable catch for New Zealand?

Of course he wouldn't.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

TBF, that's not an entirely accurate analogy. Are any Lankans complaining as things are?

I'd like to think that he might have the grace to acknowledge had Vettori taken such a dubious catch, but I can't shake the feeling that he'd be telling us all what the Lankans (and fair-minded neutrals) have been in the case as it is - that he very probably didn't know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Of course he wouldn't.
    I don't think Vettori would stoop that low tbh

Yes I am still pretty annoyed that Murali claimed that catch, but there were ways it could have been prevented.
    Firstly, Oram should not have walked, I don't recall Oram walking before and it was a stupid time to do it. Oram walking could have been down to the edge that Murali has over Oram, as Oram does not play Murali well at all. Oram believed that Murali did take that catch and Murali told him so but Oram should not have taken Murali's word for it.

Fulton should have communicated to Oram whether he thought that Murali had taken the catch, Fulton probably had one of the best views of the catch.

Oram is not a great player of spin and it wasn't guranteed that he was going to go on and make a massive score, he could have been dismissed next ball.

It is all a case of "What Ifs", but what is done is done.
    There is no point in continously venting your spleen about it.
    Just get over it and move on. Sri Lanka were clearly the better team on the day, they had the edge over us in all facets of the game. They wound McCullum up so much over the Run-Out incident that McCullum played a rash shot.
    Unashamed Jacob Oram fan.
    Proudly supporting CD in NZ Domestic Cricket.
    Proud founding member of JHAS - Howzat

Are there any other NZ fans still pissed off with Murali claiming that Oram catch....the cheating little bastard. Nothing much has been made of it, but he should be fined or banned for bringing the game into disrepute for trying to (and actually getting away with) that catch, the ****** cheating little scumbag
    No.

Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion! Jet Pac Stan Champion!

Icon3 There is a way to stop this happening ...

There is a way to stop this happening: serious fines and bans for any player that deliberately claims dropped catches. I don't believe it would have changed the result, but that's not the point.

Anyway, despite the fact that I like SL, I've always thought Murali was a cheat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    No.
    I expected you to disagree given that you seem to have something personal going on

Are there any other NZ fans still pissed off with Murali claiming that Oram catch....the cheating little bastard. Nothing much has been made of it, but he should be fined or banned for bringing the game into disrepute for trying to (and actually getting away with) that catch, the ****** cheating little scumbag
    I've got no great love for Murali (i've said on numerous occassions that I dont believe that his action is legit) BUT I really dont think anyone can say with any conviction that Murali cheated - it was good enough for the batsman to walk and he was 15 yards away or so.

In any event, it hardly changed the course of the match or the tournament

Not really, more upset that we were utterly outplayed and outclassed at the business end of the tournament. It certainly wouldn't have made any difference to the result IMO.

Shades of a whinging schoolboy in that comment Take the loss on the chin like a man concede they were the better side and stop blubbering.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information