• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Are You Doing For The WC Final?

howardj

International Coach
Well, it's cricket's biggest night.

For me, it's my first full WC Final.

Have missed the game in previous years for some reason.

Anyway, I'm having my brother over my new place for pizza and a few grogs.

What are you up to? How will you be enjoying proceedings?

And what's the flavour of your drink?

dinu23

International Debutant
hmm. they've set up a giant screen in one of the parks here. so thinking of going there to watch the match with few of my mates.

preferred food: pizza
drink: beer

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Gurr.............Gurr.................Gurr.........Gurr.....

Sleeping until my mom wakes up next morning..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Slept in today in preperation. Watching it over some history reading. Probably with a few beers, but nothing too exciting. May depend on how good the match turns out to be, though.

Surprised at the number of people who haven't watched a WC final before, actually. This will be my 4th in succession. It's possible I watched the '92 one as well, but I don't remember it.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It'll be the first one I've watched, given that I was in Shanghai for 2003 and too young for 1999. I've been dead tired for the past week as well, so I'll pretty much be dead on Monday, but meh.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This is my 4th too. I don't really remember much of the '96 final but I watched it all the way through.

Hoping for a more even one than the last two.

Craig

World Traveller
Slept in today in preperation. Watching it over some history reading. Probably with a few beers, but nothing too exciting. May depend on how good the match turns out to be, though.

Surprised at the number of people who haven't watched a WC final before, actually. This will be my 4th in succession. It's possible I watched the '92 one as well, but I don't remember it.
It'll be my 3rd, I didn't start until the following season.

We can all blame my dad and Aravinda de Silva for that.

pup11

International Coach
Beers... Beers... Beers... i am gonna be drinking a lot of beers tonight, maybe a few McDonald hamburgers along with it too.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Attending class and missing the first 2.5 hours of the game.
Coming back home to study for the finals while watching the game.
Popping pills to relieve the headaches and overdosing myself on RedBulls.
Enjoying a good nap (one helluva sleepless night spent for the final :mellow:.....my semester final that is:huh:!!!!!)
Waking up to the presenttation ceremony.
Hating education for ruining a genius such as I :p!

Solids: Excedrin Pain Relievers!
Liquids: Pepsi and Red Bull!

Fiery

Banned
Beers... Beers... Beers... i am gonna be drinking a lot of beers tonight, maybe a few McDonald hamburgers along with it too.
pace yourself pup, we're gonna need your expert comments throughout the game my man.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had far too many beers last night so the only way I'll stay awake for too long is to have a hair of the dog around about ..... now

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well kick started my WC finals preperation quite early in the day with lots of food and beers, so now i am getting Caffiene hyped to keep me awake and drinking more beers.

Oh add to that burgers are better at Hungry Jacks.

Beleg

International Regular
planned to go to the uni pub and watch the game from beginning to end (even though its a glorious day outside)

bloody rain spoiled everything