• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2011 World Cup 40 days and 2007 wc records the most revenue of tickets...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21621342-5001505,00.html
I think next time we will stick with the 16-team format but I would hope we can shave a week from the tournament. This year, we lost two days because of Easter.
The West Indian countries here are strongly Christian and they did not want us to play on Good Friday. I can see the tournament coming back to 40 days, which is just about right.
I think that be the best thing. Although they could shave it even more.

http://www.cricketworld.com/world_cup_2007/article/?aid=11055
The Caribbean is well on track to recording the highest Ticketing revenue for a Cricket World Cup
Weird huh?

dinu23

International Debutant
this wc got the most revenue b'cause the tickets were expensive. that's why the crowds were low this time. i would rather like to see more viewers on the ground.

pasag

RTDAS
The Caribbean is well on track to recording the highest Ticketing revenue for a Cricket World Cup
Is that adjusted for inflation? I doubt it. I'd like to see the real comparison of revenue between the tournaments.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is that adjusted for inflation? I doubt it. I'd like to see the real comparison of revenue between the tournaments.
Indeed. Inflation, more expensive tickets tickets (even in real terms - not just nominal values) and more games have obviously contributed a lot to that stat.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well this wc is something like $27m and '99 was $22m and '03 was $10m. read it somewhere won't be able to find the source now.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
this wc got the most revenue b'cause the tickets were expensive. that's why the crowds were low this time. i would rather like to see more viewers on the ground.
Indeed. Inflation, more expensive tickets tickets (even in real terms - not just nominal values) and more games have obviously contributed a lot to that stat.
Well, it did sell more than 570,000 tickets up to the semis. That's not that far off from the last wc which had 600,000. The last wc was the most successful in terms of money all together.

dinu23

International Debutant
Well, it did sell more than 570,000 tickets up to the semis. That's not that far off from the last wc which had 600,000. The last wc was the most successful in terms of money all together.
but the turnouts were so low. r u sure u have the right figures? why would people buy tickets and then not go to watch the match?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
but the turnouts were so low. r u sure u have the right figures? why would people buy tickets and then not go to watch the match?
400,003 people attended up to the end of the super 8s, that's probably due to people canceling their trips for reasons such as- high prices for hotels, traveling etc. for lots of people traveling the ticket price was fine but then the trip would cost a lot so they just didn't go, and of course don't forget india and pakistan didn't qualify.