• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali is a cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbuts

International Debutant
To claim that catch is a disgrace - although what do you expect from someone that throws it

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He took the catch fairly IMO, and that's coming from a devastated Kiwi supporter.

cbuts

International Debutant
how could it not have hit the ground. ONe hand was to the side, the other on top. The ball disapears from view - then bounces up. Whad did it bounce up from???

cbuts

International Debutant
Im not saying that cost us the game - We stuffed it up in other area's
But im sorry that was terriable sportsmanship

Matt79

Global Moderator
and Murali would have known that for a certainty how exactly?

When you hear players talk about these catches - half the time they feel that they caught it clean, and the other half they don't know. How do you know Murali didn't think he caught it cleanly at the time?

cbuts

International Debutant
Do you play cricket?
You know 99.99% of the time whether it bounces or not. I cant see Murali not noticing that it hit the ground

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Do you play cricket?
You know 99.99% of the time whether it bounces or not. I cant see Murali not noticing that it hit the ground

Get over it dude - You yourself said the ball disappears from view... 8-)

Flem274*

123/5
if this had been say.....Fernando then no one would be complaining. But because its Murali out come the bashers.

Perm

if this had been say.....Fernando then no one would be complaining. But because its Murali out come the bashers.
Exactly, thats the thing. Murali bashers/haters just want another reason to be "against" him playing the game.

Mister Wright

I don't have a problem with the Murali catch, but do you really think it's only 70%? I think 99.99% is closer to the mark then 70%..
Think about it...how often do those close catches occur? If you get 10 of them do you think you're sure almost every time that you've caught it? It would be more like 7 or 8 times out of 10, not 9.9 times out of ten.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Think about it...how often do those close catches occur? If you get 10 of them do you think you're sure almost every time that you've caught it? It would be more like 7 or 8 times out of 10, not 9.9 times out of ten.
And if anything you (as a player) tend to err on the side of "I caught that" rather than the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.