• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali is a cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Think about it like this if Murali and Malinga were NZ with their corrosponding bpwling "actions" do you think they would have got passed school level cricket...

but anyway Sri Lanka won there batting was great and the assortment of bowlers for Jaywardene to pick from was handy, Styris should have given the part timer one over 1sbefore trying to go over the infield and Oram should have stood his ground, just like M.Bouvcher did when C.Cairns c&b him in the VB serires a few years back, chris asked did you hit that, boucher just shook his head, replays told another story.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Think about it like this if Murali and Malinga were NZ with their corrosponding bpwling "actions" do you think they would have got passed school level cricket...
Since they're both legal, then I don't see why not.

You might find coaches trying to get them to bowl more orthodoxly, but we all know that in Murali's case, that is actually impossible to do.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
... Have you ever tried to bowl roundarm like Malinga? AFAIC, it's harder to bowl with a bent arm like that than the normal upright bowling position. I can understand people saying Murali throws it, given that it looks like it, but given that roundarm actions have been going around for ages, it's a pretty ridiculous claim.

JBH001

International Regular
And its not cheating and poor sportsmanship when a batsman nicks it and does not budge an inch?

(For me, I am with Perm and Jason on this one. Also, it is a WC Semi-final, the fact that Oram just walked off indicates the different approach, and levels of intensity brought by both teams to this crucial game - in any case Oram is a bit of a Murali bunny, sooner or later he would have been goneburgers)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
... Have you ever tried to bowl roundarm like Malinga? AFAIC, it's harder to bowl with a bent arm like that than the normal upright bowling position. I can understand people saying Murali throws it, given that it looks like it, but given that roundarm actions have been going around for ages, it's a pretty ridiculous claim.
Exactly, it's such a ridiculous claim, and whereas it's mostly the oldies that can't understand the Murali issue it's mostly the newies who can't understand the Maaaalinga one. 8-)

Hoppy1987

U19 Debutant
I think the fact they made him bowl with a cast on his arm, and he still managed to bowl exceptionally well and managed to bowl the doosra proves he doesn't throw the ball. Simple as simple be!

Nishant

International 12th Man
I think the fact they made him bowl with a cast on his arm, and he still managed to bowl exceptionally well and managed to bowl the doosra proves he doesn't throw the ball. Simple as simple be!
yh...i cant believe ppl are still on abt him chucking the ball.....i swear the right ppl have had a good check of his action and cleared him of it..

with that said, i really dont think that oram was out...but murli was in his rights to claim the catch...oram should have stayed put and the benefit of doubt would have gone in his favour...but he didnt and thats not murli's fault.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yh...i cant believe ppl are still on abt him chucking the ball.....i swear the right ppl have had a good check of his action and cleared him of it..

with that said, i really dont think that oram was out...but murli was in his rights to claim the catch...oram should have stayed put and the benefit of doubt would have gone in his favour...but he didnt and thats not murli's fault.
But, if an Aussie bowler did the same thing, would you feel the same way? I've heard the Aussies lambasted on this forum for similar things.

FWIW, I don't think he caught it, but I don't believe he knew he didn't.

Majin

International Debutant
The only good thing to come out of last night, that pic, after that troll charchter went psycho. Prince is a legend it must be said.
Where was that? That picture is class :laugh:

Made it pretty clear last night that I think he caught it, but whatever. It's another one of those things that is always going to split opinion (especially seeing as it was Murali who was involved), not really worth arguing about it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not surprised, TBH. Murali-action-doubters have been proven wrong 3 or 4 times with different sets of evidence, but I've still met just 1 who actually said he'd changed his mind on the issue, and it's no surprise that it was our very own Jesse (AKA Arjuna Ranatunga MaccieDees).

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not surprised, TBH. Murali-action-doubters have been proven wrong 3 or 4 times with different sets of evidence, but I've still met just 1 who actually said he'd changed his mind on the issue, and it's no surprise that it was our very own Jesse (AKA Arjuna Ranatunga MaccieDees).
you mean sl? where is he nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.