Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Murali is a cheat

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    if this had been say.....Fernando then no one would be complaining. But because its Murali out come the bashers.
    Exactly, thats the thing. Murali bashers/haters just want another reason to be "against" him playing the game.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuts View Post
    Do you play cricket?
    You know 99.99% of the time whether it bounces or not. I cant see Murali not noticing that it hit the ground
    It's something more like 70% give or take a few. Definitely not 99.99%
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    It's something more like 70% give or take a few. Definitely not 99.99%
    I don't have a problem with the Murali catch, but do you really think it's only 70%? I think 99.99% is closer to the mark then 70%..

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I don't have a problem with the Murali catch, but do you really think it's only 70%? I think 99.99% is closer to the mark then 70%..
    Think about it...how often do those close catches occur? If you get 10 of them do you think you're sure almost every time that you've caught it? It would be more like 7 or 8 times out of 10, not 9.9 times out of ten.

Think about it...how often do those close catches occur? If you get 10 of them do you think you're sure almost every time that you've caught it? It would be more like 7 or 8 times out of 10, not 9.9 times out of ten.
    And if anything you (as a player) tend to err on the side of "I caught that" rather than the other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Murali is not a cheat, but I daresay he could've chosen to defer it to the umpire. But in his own mind he felt he had taken it. The replays are unclear and at best it was a doubtful catch, although I cannot say it was not taken, because if he had spilt it he would've struggled to get it under his other hand considering the speed with which it was hit.

I am surprised the umpires (who had a shocking day) failed to refer it for clarification.
    (in fact even if they had referred it - no one would be any wiser judging by the inconclusive replays and may be the benefit would've gone to the batsman )

But its unfair to call Murali a cheat as in his mind he felt he had taken the catch (and who is to say he hasn't, as the replays are very unclear) .

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    And if anything you (as a player) tend to err on the side of "I caught that" rather than the other way.
    Depends what type of player you are...

I don't mean that you claim the catch if you're not sure, I mean that in your own mind, if you make an error, its usually an error saying "I caught that".

So what? you guys got one of the worst LBW decisions i have ever seen

why are you complaining?

As a player I am sure at least 9 out of 10 rather then 7 out of 10, most definately. It's like nicks when your batting, you watch the ball, you know whether or not you caught it, especially in a catch like Muralis..

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    So what? you guys got one of the worst LBW decisions i have ever seen

why are you complaining?
    Two actualy

Taylor got a shocker too, lets hope that if he umpires in the final he has a much better game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    Murali is not a cheat, but I daresay he could've chosen to defer it to the umpire. But in his own mind he felt he had taken it. The replays are unclear and at best it was a doubtful catch, although I cannot say it was not taken, because if he had spilt it he would've struggled to get it under his other hand considering the speed with which it was hit.

I am surprised the umpires (who had a shocking day) failed to refer it for clarification.
    (in fact even if they had referred it - no one would be any wiser judging by the inconclusive replays and may be the benefit would've gone to the batsman )

But its unfair to call Murali a cheat as in his mind he felt he had taken the catch (and who is to say he hasn't, as the replays are very unclear) .
    Good, balanced response. Congratulations on your team's win, Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Good, balanced response. Congratulations on your team's win, Jason.
    Thanks, Voltman. I daresay Oram's decision would've made a significant difference compared to the other shockers, given Oram is a player capable of making big scores at very high strike rates.

I am disappointed that Umpiring at such crucial games has become so poor .

NZ were also affected by Styris not being able to bowl and Macmillan not being able to bowl.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Thanks, Voltman. I daresay Oram's decision would've made a significant difference compared to the other shockers, given Oram is a player capable of making big scores at very high strike rates.

NZ were also affected by Styris not being able to bowl and Macmillan not being able to bowl.
    Yeah but it's disappointing the other big players in the team didnt step up. The newer boys bar Styris and Macka did most of the good stuff. Good on the new guys though, will be good in the future. Also well done to Sri Lanka, you guys deserved it. Go kill some Aussies or Saffies!

Yep, it's just typical for a NZ cricket team that the players always seem to pick up injuries at the worst possible times. There needs to be a deeper investigation into why our injury rate is so much higher than, say, Australia.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information