• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali is a cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali is not a cheat, but I daresay he could've chosen to defer it to the umpire. But in his own mind he felt he had taken it. The replays are unclear and at best it was a doubtful catch, although I cannot say it was not taken, because if he had spilt it he would've struggled to get it under his other hand considering the speed with which it was hit.

I am surprised the umpires (who had a shocking day) failed to refer it for clarification.
(in fact even if they had referred it - no one would be any wiser judging by the inconclusive replays and may be the benefit would've gone to the batsman )

But its unfair to call Murali a cheat as in his mind he felt he had taken the catch (and who is to say he hasn't, as the replays are very unclear) .

Matt79

Global Moderator
I don't mean that you claim the catch if you're not sure, I mean that in your own mind, if you make an error, its usually an error saying "I caught that".

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain
So what? you guys got one of the worst LBW decisions i have ever seen

why are you complaining?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Think about it...how often do those close catches occur? If you get 10 of them do you think you're sure almost every time that you've caught it? It would be more like 7 or 8 times out of 10, not 9.9 times out of ten.
As a player I am sure at least 9 out of 10 rather then 7 out of 10, most definately. It's like nicks when your batting, you watch the ball, you know whether or not you caught it, especially in a catch like Muralis..

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Murali is not a cheat, but I daresay he could've chosen to defer it to the umpire. But in his own mind he felt he had taken it. The replays are unclear and at best it was a doubtful catch, although I cannot say it was not taken, because if he had spilt it he would've struggled to get it under his other hand considering the speed with which it was hit.

I am surprised the umpires (who had a shocking day) failed to refer it for clarification.
(in fact even if they had referred it - no one would be any wiser judging by the inconclusive replays and may be the benefit would've gone to the batsman )

But its unfair to call Murali a cheat as in his mind he felt he had taken the catch (and who is to say he hasn't, as the replays are very unclear) .
Good, balanced response. Congratulations on your team's win, Jason.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Good, balanced response. Congratulations on your team's win, Jason.
Thanks, Voltman. I daresay Oram's decision would've made a significant difference compared to the other shockers, given Oram is a player capable of making big scores at very high strike rates.

I am disappointed that Umpiring at such crucial games has become so poor .

NZ were also affected by Styris not being able to bowl and Macmillan not being able to bowl.

Flem274*

123/5
Thanks, Voltman. I daresay Oram's decision would've made a significant difference compared to the other shockers, given Oram is a player capable of making big scores at very high strike rates.

NZ were also affected by Styris not being able to bowl and Macmillan not being able to bowl.
Yeah but it's disappointing the other big players in the team didnt step up. The newer boys bar Styris and Macka did most of the good stuff. Good on the new guys though, will be good in the future. Also well done to Sri Lanka, you guys deserved it. Go kill some Aussies or Saffies!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

Yep, it's just typical for a NZ cricket team that the players always seem to pick up injuries at the worst possible times. There needs to be a deeper investigation into why our injury rate is so much higher than, say, Australia.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As a player I am sure at least 9 out of 10 rather then 7 out of 10, most definately. It's like nicks when your batting, you watch the ball, you know whether or not you caught it, especially in a catch like Muralis..
I'm talking from personal experience. I am a bit slow, so that it takes a little less time for me to compute things which adds more doubt into my mind.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Cbuts - Thank for the great discovery. I am sure you have taken this loss very well and it was not a case of sour grapes at all.

Anyways, Now we look forward to hear your views in 2011, hopefully you will still be around.

Flem274*

123/5
Cbuts - Thank for the great discovery. I am sure you have taken this loss very well and it was not a case of sour grapes at all.

Anyways, Now we look forward to hear your views in 2011, hopefully you will still be around.
:laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
The only good thing to come out of last night, that pic, after that troll charchter went psycho. Prince is a legend it must be said.

Flem274*

123/5
Murali bashing is just annoying. I don't understand why people have to try and knock others because they're really good. It's something New Zealanders sadly do alot. Mainly the ones that ring radiosport after semi final losses. They aren't too kind to the black caps either.

Status
Not open for further replies.