• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please tell me Koertzen can't be involved in ruining the final too

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Koertzen > most other Umpires in The World.

Anyway - IIRR it'll be Taufel and the-real-old-man in the final.

Koertzen > most other Umpires in The World..
Thing is that's probably true.

Overall, Taufell is so far ahead of the pack that it's not funny. The rest are pretty much of a muchness.

He should do both ends and just give Rudi square leg...Oh actually scrap that...I almost forget...he doesn't even refer run-outs in which the batsman is short of his ground.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Taufel won't get there if Australia make it. Koertzen is usually pretty good, everyone makes mistakes like that in their career.

Thing is that's probably true.

Overall, Taufell is so far ahead of the pack that it's not funny. The rest are pretty much of a muchness.

He should do both ends and just give Rudi square leg...Oh actually scrap that...I almost forget...he doesn't even refer run-outs in which the batsman is short of his ground.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK, I guess that one came back to bite me. :unsure:

Perm

Haha, these things always seem to happen. I think most will agree that he is the best umpire in world cricket though, just a shame he's Australian and can't do the Ashes and most probably won't be able to umpire in the World Cup final either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rudi gets a fair bit of unfair slack IMO. He was rated the best (above Taufel, let's not forget) just 3 years ago.

People always seem to notice his errors (which he does make - like anyone) and rarely note his error-free games, which certainly do happen.

Perm

Can't see why people don't like Billy Bowden as an umpire, sure he steals a bit of the limelight and is a character but as an actual umpire I think he does a pretty good job, often overlooked because of his eccentricity.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surprisingly, Rauf's actually had a comparitively decent tournament when I think back to how poor he was in the CB.
Quite easily the worst umpire I've seen regularly at international level, tbh. His umpiring in the SA-Pak series was some of the worst you couild ever imagine, and he wasn't much better in the CB Series. Admittedly he's improved a tad in recent times, but he's still quite horrible IMO, comparatively speaking of course.

Isura

U19 Captain
Can't see why people don't like Billy Bowden as an umpire, sure he steals a bit of the limelight and is a character but as an actual umpire I think he does a pretty good job, often overlooked because of his eccentricity.
I agree. Bowden is under-rated.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I couldn't care less about his eccentricities, what annoys me about him is his pro-Australian bias, especially when Umpiring in Australia.

Although admittedly he's been heaps better of late, though I've not been logging the number of games he's stood in involving Australia.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Simon Taufel and steve buckner are the two best empires and they should be in the final of the wc.

Last edited: