• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is cricket in Asian Countries taken too seriously?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can we have some details on your shape and size please. :sleep:
Hey Filo. Have you read Tin Tin comics? I am sure you have. Then you must be familiar with those two characters called Thomson and Thompson. We are like that. We are just many more than just two :)

The more you behave like the "Captain" the more we are gonig to be like the Thom(p)sons :)
Bit behind the times there, SJS. :)

cover drive man

International Captain
We have seen this in the past and its quite common that if an Asian tea performs poorly it ofte leads to unexpected amount of criticism .Thats not it people burn dummies and posters of the players whom they otherwise think as gods .I think the pressure of performing and the expectations levels in Asia are just too much and the media spice it up all the more .I made this topic purely because of whats going on in the Pakistan team .The crowds in India have burnt dummies of Chappel & C0 for their loss to Bangladesh and this puts unnecessary pressure on the players and makes it even more difficult for them to [erform .

I want your views on it .
I've asked myself that a lot of times but it's like football's popularity in Europe.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
from cricinfo

"We are told that there is a row brewing in India where people are angry because Mandira Bedi is sporting a saree that has different flags stitched on it ... and the Indian flag was near her feet and that is supposed to be an insult."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: