• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finals predictions

Who will win the World Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'm a realist and not getting my hopes up too high. It will be fantastic if we can beat Aussie of course but the way they are playing it will be bloody difficult. Have to win toss, bowl first and rely on Bond to knock the top off the batting early. Cannot let Ponting, Hayden or Gilchrist get away. Of course, we have to beat SL first, which I believe we will.
I expect more from you mate!
I'm being an optimist and a realist as well!! New Zealand have a big chance to win the World Cup!! Anything can happen once it gets to knockout. Look for even Aussie to get knocked out tomorrow, they are all one offers, anything, i mean anything can happen.

Don't want to get myself another Greigy by saying NZ will win it.
Who cares about Greigy's. LoL if Australia don't win. There will be about 317 different people receiving Greigy's in that case next week. Having said that, I don't see how you can get a Greigy for just predicting who you think is gonna win. Its not like you are saying that you will eat your computer if NZ doesn't win.

Although if Australia doesn't win I would like to see quite a Greigy's handed out, call them Super-Greigy's, to all those people who said this tournament was over, and Australia winning was a deadset conclusion, with all these annoying :laugh: in ever single post they post about the subject.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who cares about Greigy's. LoL if Australia don't win. There will be about 317 different people receiving Greigy's in that case next week. Having said that, I don't see how you can get a Greigy for just predicting who you think is gonna win. Its not like you are saying that you will eat your computer if NZ doesn't win.

Although if Australia doesn't win I would like to see quite a Greigy's handed out, call them Super-Greigy's, to all those people who said this tournament was over, and Australia winning was a deadset conclusion, with all these annoying :laugh: in ever single post they post about the subject.
I wasn't being serious about the Greigy mate, I still think Australia are going to take out the World Cup because I can't see them losing to any team in the final. They'll be too strong for South Africa in the semi as well.

Fiery

Banned
I expect more from you mate!
I'm being an optimist and a realist as well!! New Zealand have a big chance to win the World Cup!! Anything can happen once it gets to knockout. Look for even Aussie to get knocked out tomorrow, they are all one offers, anything, i mean anything can happen.
You said I took the Aussie rivalry thing too far in another thread :@ .
I don't want to set myself up for a big crash by expecting too much :)

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I wasn't being serious about the Greigy mate, I still think Australia are going to take out the World Cup because I can't see them losing to any team in the final. They'll be too strong for South Africa in the semi as well.
Ah, OK mate.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about a winner as yet. I think anyone of the remaining teams have the ability. Obviously Australia are favourites but what has happened so far doesn't count anymore. We are now into a new competition, knockout styles. All it takes is one great spell of bowling, one great innings, a great catch, or a great run-out to change the game and give that team the advantage.

I wont be surprised at any Finals combination......RSA vs NZL :D

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
You said I took the Aussie rivalry thing too far in another thread :@ .
I don't want to set myself up for a big crash by expecting too much :)
Haha, you do get a bit heated, hence being Fiery, rite? :p

I don't mind if I'm wrong about it, I'm no clairvoyant, I just believe that NZ can do it.

Fiery

Banned
Haha, you do get a bit heated, hence being Fiery, rite? :p

I don't mind if I'm wrong about it, I'm no clairvoyant, I just believe that NZ can do it.
Fiery is a nickname bestowed upon me by my cricket mates due to sharing the same first name as Boycott and opening the batting. I try not to bat quite as dourly but haven't scored as many test runs however.

(Oh and I can be quite fiery sometimes :happy: )

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Fiery is a nickname bestowed upon me by my cricket mates due to sharing the same first name as Boycott and opening the batting. I try not to bat quite as dourly but haven't scored as many test runs however.

(Oh and I can be quite fiery sometimes :happy: )
LoL.