• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BBC's flops of the tournament 11...do you agree?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is this including Ireland and Bangledesh?

Because if Bangers beat SA then would it be saying that since they aren't one of the top eight sides they shouldn't be counted? :happy:

Kenya and Canada are hardly the worst teams in the world, and if anyone is taking stats all that seriously in the first place, substandard teams would definitely come into that account. Not only that but you should consider the side they are in too. A team like Australia would place far less pressure on a bowler or a batsmen than the English side maybe giving them a better chance to perform.
I can't be going rating Bangladesh ODI-class just because of 2 victories.

Kenya and Canada aren't the worst teams in The World but neither are Exeter Third XI, and we're not ODI-class either. It's a very select group and for the last 4 years there've been just 8 teams in it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Must admit I was wondering that myself... :confused:

Can't for the life of me think that I've ever even heard it used as a word, never mind as an insult...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True, I don't suppose they are too good at recognising the difference.
Well, I'm sure they (or the people responsible) can recognise the difference in a game if you put one of each in front of them, but like so many they have problems comprehending the extent to which the two game-forms differ, and too often go in for the "your best players in Tests are your best players in ODIs" nonsense.

stumpski

International Captain
Ross Taylor was the flop for me - a player I was really looking forward to watching, I think he only got past 20 once. Obviously getting injured during the group stage didn't help.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Must admit I was wondering that myself... :confused:

Can't for the life of me think that I've ever even heard it used as a word, never mind as an insult...
Well, the only thing I can find about it is the fact that it's an ISP in India. Perhaps it was spammed here at one stage?