• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Australia be Excluded from the World Cup?

Should Australia be Excluded from the World Cup?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, this sounds familiar! :laugh:

Might be great to play a World Cup wivvout 'em, sure, but sadly it's not gonna happen and we all know it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I considered splitting up the states as an idea, but NSW would go through undefeated anyway so it'd be a useless one. :p

Last edited:

irfan

State Captain
Haha. Awesome thread. I definitely would like to see what would happen if Australia was excluded from thumping and annihilating everybody.

There's a bracket of 6-8 teams below Australia that could beat each other on any given day.

We could have this World Cup (excluding Australia)

And an Australian Cup (All the states battle each other like usual except all the intl players are permanent members of their respective states)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I know this isn't serious - but in general people should appreciate the class of the Australian side over the past decade and reliaze the best players from around the world step up against the Aussies.

Look at Michael Vaughan decent Test player, but everyone was saying he was up there with Tendulkar and Lara just cause he had a good series against Australia!

One of the Aussie states would make the semis of the World Cup IMO..

In saying all this, Australia don't have the Cup won, still 2 huge matches to go.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I answered "Yes".

They should let Australia A play instead. That'd be much better.
What would the Australians do? 8-)

Perform bad so they get to play in the World Cup.. 8-)

Other countries should develop their game to be at Australia's level, rather then want Australia out of the Cup. It would be a very hollow victory, that is for sure.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Impressive as Oz have been there's no doubt in my mind that if certain teams played their strongest XIs against them might make for slightly more even contests at least.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I voted no. I don't think the problem is Australia. The problem is everyone else. Seriously, I'm so fed up with all the other teams being so consistently rat ****. Why the hell can't India and Pakistan get their bloody act together? Its really not that hard! Why are NZ and SL playing silly buggers playing second string teams against us? Why are England so reliably dire (apart from say one series every two decades)? What the hell do the West Indies think they're doing? Do you all realise these previously proud teams are becoming jokes? Its being going on for the best part of two decades and its ruining the sport.