• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Australia be Excluded from the World Cup?

Should Australia be Excluded from the World Cup?

• Total voters

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, to date Mr Cameron is playing odd-ones-out... the only Aussie to vote "yes" so far... :)
:cool:

Figured we may as well give someone else a chance of winning the thing.

Hoping this isn't dug up in a few days time, mind you. Starting to get nervous.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I simply can not believe that.

:(

That's definitively the first time I've ever been genuinely disappointed by someone (other, obviously, than myself) being banned.

Currie, what hast thee done? :mellow:

Matt79

Global Moderator
James has had to warn him a couple of times recently for unacceptable expression in a few posts as well...

telsor

U19 12th Man
I partially agree.

The rest of the world plays and at the end, the winner gets a best of three final against Australia.

Flem274*

123/5
Best of three matches are in fact Australias only weakness.
Good point:laugh: :laugh:

In all seriousness though, why exclude Australia? To be the best you have to beat the best. It's not as though they will destroy teams forever though. Many of thier stars are retiring and they will slip back to the pack. I'ts inevitable. No one wins forever.

The aussie ODI side after the WC may look something like:

Jaques
Watson? (was it him that opened in the CH and got that 50?)
Ponting
Clarke
Hodge
Hussey
Haddin
Hogg (maybe White if Hogg retires)
Lee
Bracken
Tait

A very good side certainly, but beatable. Guys like Mitchel Johnson and Mick Lewis (I think thats his name) don't inspire confidence in the reserve bowlers either. Thier batsman all look very good though

In fact I'd love to see that team play, a fresh new look side that I'm very interested in.

You've got to consider that in every sport there is someone who is better than the rest. Tiger Woods, Michael Schumacher, The West Indian team of the 80's etc. It's the other teams responsibility to catch up to Aus IMO.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good point:laugh: :laugh:

In all seriousness though, why exclude Australia? To be the best you have to beat the best. It's not as though they will destroy teams forever though. Many of thier stars are retiring and they will slip back to the pack. I'ts inevitable. No one wins forever.

The aussie ODI side after the WC may look something like:

Jaques
Watson? (was it him that opened in the CH and got that 50?)
Ponting
Clarke
Hodge
Hussey
Haddin
Hogg (maybe White if Hogg retires)
Lee
Bracken
Tait

A very good side certainly, but beatable. Guys like Mitchel Johnson and Mick Lewis (I think thats his name) don't inspire confidence in the reserve bowlers either. Thier batsman all look very good though

In fact I'd love to see that team play, a fresh new look side that I'm very interested in.

You've got to consider that in every sport there is someone who is better than the rest. Tiger Woods, Michael Schumacher, The West Indian team of the 80's etc. It's the other teams responsibility to catch up to Aus IMO.
Why would you get rid of Symonds? Mick Lewis is well down on the pecking order by the way. Hilfenhaus, Noffke and others are definately ahead of him.

Last edited: