Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me that can't wait for the World Cup to end?

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar

Is it just me that can't wait for the World Cup to end?

I'm sick of the whole thing tbh, the intial stages were absolutely awful with the minnows playing and even the shock performances of Ireland and Pakistan isn't making it any better.

The whole tournament is drawn out far too much, we're being overloaded with sub standard meaningless cricket, there's so many ODIs being played my head's starting to spin.

I can't wait till the wholes things over and done with now, all this one day cricket is making me realise just how superior the longer form of the game is and how bad ODIs can be.

And yes this is in part due to England's dreadful showing.

GGG
    Not for me, this is the first time I have had the opportunity to be settled and able to receive cricket on TV in 3 years. So I will be sad when it's over.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    A sensational knockout phrase might just perk it up but yeah, it's been a pretty nothing tournament IMO, it'd have been far better if the preliminary group-stage had been played a year ago or so.

But a good knockout phrase and a fair bit will probably be forgiven.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    I'm sick of the whole thing tbh, the intial stages were absolutely awful with the minnows playing and even the shock performances of Ireland and Pakistan isn't making it any better.

The whole tournament is drawn out far too much, we're being overloaded with sub standard meaningless cricket, there's so many ODIs being played my head's starting to spin.

I can't wait till the wholes things over and done with now, all this one day cricket is making me realise just how superior the longer form of the game is and how bad ODIs can be.

And yes this is in part due to England's dreadful showing.
    I tend to agree, the whole thing has been far too long. The whole thing should not last more than a month. I cant see the problem with actually having 3 Group games a day, and getting the Super 8s over in about 2 and a half weeks.

Although I have enjoyed this World Cup, I cant wait to get watching the real stuff again
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Icon14 Is it just me that can't wait for the World Cup to end?

Agree. Agree. Too drawn out. Too many mismatches.

The tournament, however, has exposed the weaknesses of India, England, Pakistan and South Africa. These teams need to go back and have a long hard look at the way they are currently approaching their one day cricket. Yes, I include South Africa because their win over the struggling English team provides a false sense of security.

Unless something happens in terms of loss of form or injury to key players, the Aussies will win easy. On recent form, they deserve to.

Im loving the WC, I think i'll be ready for it to end after the final though. Sick of watchin Bangladesh, Ireland and WI.
    Proudly supporting pink bat grips

The best FC player in the dev league

189 on debut

Quote Originally Posted by frey View Post
    Stop it!!!

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Yeah this WC has just been boring to be honest, never really excited by any of the games. Can't wait until Tests start again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Having 2 Super 8's games on a day wouldn't actually have sped the thing up, because of allowing a rain day there'd then have been a day with no games scheduled.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Bring on some Test match cricket.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Banned
    I'll be disappointed when it ends. it's been great.

Having the likes of Ireland get through actually had it's good points. Seeing the likes of Murali & Tait just bamboozle them with stuff they had never seen before was hilarious.

It really made you realise just how impressive these elite level bowlers are.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Another important reason why this WC has been boring is because, yes teams like India and Pakistan did not deserve to go into the Super 8s, but let's face it not only are these two teams classy and entertaining, but they also wouldn't have lost so miserably to almost every other team... like Ireland and Bangladesh did. Honestly, it would be just so much better had it been the best 8 teams in the Super 8s. Both India/Pak had a bad day, 9 out 10 times or even more India and Pak would beat Bang and Ireland.

And honestly, the Super 8s have been quite predictable. And let's face it, we all know who's gonna' win this whole damn thing.

End of rant...
    Last edited by Turbinator; 19-04-2007 at 07:18 PM.

ireland only lost 2 games miserably....i wouldn't replace ireland with india or pakistan either....they had the best crowd and everything...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    ireland only lost 2 games miserably....i wouldn't replace ireland with india or pakistan either....they had the best crowd and everything...
    Say what you want, but I don't think anyone can say in their right mind that India and Pakistan wouldn't have improved the standard of cricket. It's pretty obvious they would have, even thought they didn't deserve to go through.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    If you're gonna' talk about crowds, I am sure India/Pakistan would've attracted huge crowds, most likely the biggest of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Say what you want, but I don't think anyone can say in their right mind that India and Pakistan wouldn't have improved the standard of cricket. It's pretty obvious they would have, even thought they didn't deserve to go through.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 19-04-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information