• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FLEMING's last 4 inngs against SRL

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Its really painful to look at the statistics of Fleming in the last four innings against Srilanka.

Four DUCKS in the last FOUR innings. Unbelievable stuff. I think its a record that no player can beat.

Its more painful because, Fleming was out to VAAS in all these innings. And with NZ about to face SRL in the semi-final, will our NZ captain will again be a easy picking for vaas? Will he? or not!

Only time will tell. I hope that Fleming get off the mark as quickly as possible to avoid another possible DUCK..

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The big flaw in Fleming's technique has been exposed well by Vaas who can make it move both ways in the early overs, it's not surprising really.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
The big flaw in Fleming's technique has been exposed well by Vaas who can make it move both ways in the early overs, it's not surprising really.
But four ducks in the same number of innings consecutively is really suprising!

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, it's really poor from Fleming to get out in the same way so often so easily. You'd think that by now he would have come up with a way to counter it. Personally, I hope he goes nuts against him in full-attack mode, because he's not going to last long poking around like he has been. He could try charging down the pitch, or he could try and play hime through midwicket or somewhere, but he's got to change what he's been doing against Vaas recently.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can only think of AA's ducks vs Australia for India as a record to beat it. M Waugh scored 4 test 0s in a row in Sri Lanka once - his team mates were calling him "Audi"

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Impossible. I have it on good authority, OK on JASON's authority, that only SL have bad LBW calls against them.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That makes sense actually, I've come to the conclusion that Fleming has in fact been playing for SL in the last 4 games between the two teams. Why else would he have batted that way?

(Apart from Vaas being one of the best new-ball bowlers in ODIs of course...but let me have my joke. Please.)

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
That makes sense actually, I've come to the conclusion that Fleming has in fact been playing for SL in the last 4 games between the two teams. Why else would he have batted that way?

(Apart from Vaas being one of the best new-ball bowlers in ODIs of course...but let me have my joke. Please.)
Joke? :unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vettori.

Seriously - someone's gotta get Fleming the opener out, haven't they? 8-) It's pretty silly the number of runs he's scored as an opener anyway.