• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FLEMING's last 4 inngs against SRL

GGG

State Captain
Martin Crowe says Vettori should open v Australia, I say if they are going to try someone try Franklin, but for Fulton.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
How bout have both of them opening? :D

Franklin
Vettori
Fleming
Taylor
Styris
Fulton
McMillan
McCullum
Bond
Gillespie
Patel

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The law of averages suggest his bad run must end and he is due for a big one against SL next Tuesday and perhaps Australia as well tonight.

GGG

State Captain

Franklin
Vettori
Fleming
Taylor
Styris
Fulton
McMillan
McCullum
Bond
Gillespie
Patel
Didn't we try something like that years back? I think it was a test match and they more or less reversed the order to protect the batsman on a green wicket batting first. Maybe it was a domestic game, can't remember the details.

xduncanx

Cricket Spectator
Vettori.

Seriously - someone's gotta get Fleming the opener out, haven't they? 8-) It's pretty silly the number of runs he's scored as an opener anyway.
For the moment though a healthy average of 48.57 in 8 innings as opener so far in this world cup could warrent him staying there.
i say, Vaas goes down. i've a few days to get over there and take him down Woolmer style...... too soon?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It will always be too soon as far as I'm concerned. 8-)

Just imagine how good Fleming's average might be if he was batting in his real position.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Franklin
Vettori
Fleming
Taylor
Styris
Fulton
McMillan
McCullum
Bond
Gillespie
Patel
I'd love to see McMillan moved up 4 places, but other than that - perfect! :thumbup:

Mind, I don't like seeing Patel in there. Mason any day of ' week.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't we try something like that years back? I think it was a test match and they more or less reversed the order to protect the batsman on a green wicket batting first. Maybe it was a domestic game, can't remember the details.
We sent Kyle Mills in at #3 in a Test match against South Africa to take the shine of the new ball, unfortunately it only lasted a couple of balls. Vettori has batted right up the order in a Test match as well against Zimbabwe, I think he may have scored a century.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I'd love to see McMillan moved up 4 places, but other than that - perfect! :thumbup:

Mind, I don't like seeing Patel in there. Mason any day of ' week.
McMillan is perfect at the position,,, no need to him to make him go up by 4 places. The moment he sees spinner he likes to hit for six in the opening over. And this caused his downfall in more than two instances in this WC. So why risk him to go up by 4 places, he can play fast better and let him play at the position where he is

xduncanx

Cricket Spectator
It's clear Mcmillian has been given a job in the team. he must have a SR of about 150 in his last 10 matches.

If only we made Bondy practice with some west indian school kids or AUS or at least not where he can inflict his damage on our thin batting depth...... Spade face I miss you.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
McMillan is perfect at the position,,, no need to him to make him go up by 4 places. The moment he sees spinner he likes to hit for six in the opening over. And this caused his downfall in more than two instances in this WC. So why risk him to go up by 4 places, he can play fast better and let him play at the position where he is
McMillan can do an excellent job at three in the twilight of his career IMO.