• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ENGLAND FANS: do you still think Vaughan can hack it in ODIs?

Can Vaughan make it in ODIs?

• Total voters

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Seeing that pic everywhere is kind of annoying. Why not just try and ignore whoever you think is BLE etc?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The point for me is really whether or not Vaughan should be the first person dropped. England are also carrying the likes of Strauss, Joyce, Loye, Bell etc. (not all at once obviously) who haven't done much of anything in ODIs. Vaughan at least brings something else to the table by being the best captain in the world, and that's come out at times in ODIs, like in the CB Series where England looked a different team with him.

Obviously he's a crap ODI player and he should never make a good team, but England have some other issues to sort out first.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The point for me is really whether or not Vaughan should be the first person dropped. England are also carrying the likes of Strauss, Joyce, Loye, Bell etc. (not all at once obviously) who haven't done much of anything in ODIs. Vaughan at least brings something else to the table by being the best captain in the world, and that's come out at times in ODIs, like in the CB Series where England looked a different team with him.

Obviously he's a crap ODI player and he should never make a good team, but England have some other issues to sort out first.
Bell has far more potential than any of those other three, and I'm not a big fan of his. He definately needs to improve dramatically, he offers too many chances to the opposition and never seems to make a decent score unless he has been dropped a couple of times. Nevertheless I don't think he should be dropped, he is going to be quite a decent ODI player in the future.

Craig

World Traveller
I'll make that one, if you want

Vaughan should probably step down from ODIs, the only problem is I desperately want him to continue as Test captain, and I don't believe the selectors are all that fussed on splitting the captaincy again. Also, I'm not sure who would captain the ODI side; Flintoff's been sacked, Strauss is no longer assured a place in the side and Trescothick would probably be lucky just to play for us again. Basically it would have to be Collingwood, who as far as I know has no captaincy experience. Nonetheless, no, Vaughan should not play ODIs
Haha you guys are screwed.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain

Vaughan was injured for most of England's wins in the CB series.

All but 1 from the top of my head.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

For me it's as simple as if a player isn't good enough he has to go.

You're never, ever going to get anywhere if you continuously pick a player you know is not up to scratch.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seeing that pic everywhere is kind of annoying. Why not just try and ignore whoever you think is BLE etc?
I'm sorry if I annoy people - there is the option to turn images onto "optional" if you desire.

Me ignoring him will do no good whatsoever. The only thing that'd do any good would be if everyone instantly spotted him, which times have proven simply does not happen. There's a better chance if I'm following him with that pic all the time, however.

Swervy

International Captain
I'm sorry if I annoy people - there is the option to turn images onto "optional" if you desire.

Me ignoring him will do no good whatsoever. The only thing that'd do any good would be if everyone instantly spotted him, which times have proven simply does not happen. There's a better chance if I'm following him with that pic all the time, however.
does it really matter, he only seems to be annoying you from what I can see

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You clearly don't see much - SW\BLE is almost universally hated, there's been much discussion on the issue (some of which you won't even be privy to).

No-one else has ever tried so hard to fight against being banned.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

Or even just using the report post button?

It is there for a reason...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Im suprised Vaughan even recieved two votes, i even have considerable doubts as to whether he can seriously make it at test level again. Not ruling him out but those injuries have clearly damaged and when did he last bat well for England in any form of the game? If there was an obvious candiadate for a sucessor which there isnt id consdier releiving him of duties in both forms of the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or even just using the report post button?

It is there for a reason...
Any report from me will sound hollow IMO, I've never used it at all. In any case, it's not the posts, it's the user.

I can't see how the pic is any less effective.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Im suprised Vaughan even recieved two votes
I would have been, but then I looked at the two voters. Really do wonder why they bothered. :huh:

It is mildly interesting that Mr Robbins has posted but not (yet) voted, though...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Any report from me will sound hollow IMO, I've never used it at all. In any case, it's not the posts, it's the user.
But by reporting the posts, you bring attention to the user.

By posting that picture 50 times, it doesn't tell James that you suspect that there's a duplicate account.

What it does do though is add one to your post count...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain

Thing is, you posting the pic over and over has done nothing yet, and it's unlikely to make any difference either. Agree with Marc here as well. Posting the pic obviously has no effect on the poster at whom you're aiming it, and it does nothing to tell James and the other mods that there's a problem.