Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Sri Lanka is a dangerous side, can go all the way" - Border

School Boy/Girl Captain

"Sri Lanka is a dangerous side, can go all the way" - Border

The Inside Cricket Panel showing some gruding respect to the Lankans in this weeks show. "Sri Lanka is a dangerous side....can go all the way" says Allan Border...as they do a post mortem on the heart stopping SL-Eng game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_crJtRHCII

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I think we've all realised by now that Sri Lanka are a very dangerous side, they have some absolute superstars of ODI cricket in their team who can really turn the game. Jayasuriya, Vaas and Muralitharan are three contenders for all all-time ODI XI and here they are playing alongside young stars like Lasith Malinga, Upul Tharanga and Chamara Silva. This side will definately have the respect of their opposition and should have the respect of all the spectators too.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Way to state the obvious, AB.

Annoys the hell out of me how some former players can get paid for supplying TV shows, newspapers etc with stuff that the average fan on the street takes for granted. Or alternatively, to spout ridiculous opinions that no-one in their right mind would agree with.

Both of which AB's been guilty of, TBF - anyone remember his accusations that KP went home too early from the CB Series after being injured? FFS.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    and.........

We knew all of this already. State the bleeding obvious why don't you AB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Banned
    Another one of these jaw dropping, worthwhile headlines.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that Australia can also win this world cup because they are a dangerous side too.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post

Annoys the hell out of me how some former players can get paid for supplying TV shows, newspapers etc with stuff that the average fan on the street takes for granted. Or alternatively, to spout ridiculous opinions that no-one in their right mind would agree with.

Both of which AB's been guilty of, TBF - anyone remember his accusations that KP went home too early from the CB Series after being injured? FFS.
    He has a lot more knowledge than the average cricket fan when me and my dad went and had a few drinks with him in Queensland(Old Cricket Mate) he come up with fascinating facts and knowledge of the game that im sure 99.99% of the average club cricketer could anywhere close to realising.

Stop this over-hyping

if this continues we are going to lose to Australia badly and consequently get beaten by Ireland.

It all depends on what Sri Lankan team decides to turn up tomorrow and when we face Ireland....

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    and.........

We knew all of this already. State the bleeding obvious why don't you AB.
    Haha easy there. It's just a light cricket talk show. And you know, that's what they do on talk shows...talk. We had this exact same discussion last time with the KP thing with Border and KP. It's not like he called a press conference and announced it to the world. In a cricket discussion show you're going to discuss these things. Just because they're obvious to you doesn't mean they shouldn't be said. Can't help but feel if either of you understood the context of the show you wouldn't be making such comments. And the same with the KP incident which was blown totally out of proportion iirc.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Haha easy there. It's just a light cricket talk show. And you know, that's what they do on talk shows...talk. We had this exact same discussion last time with the KP thing with Border and KP. It's not like he called a press conference and announced it to the world. In a cricket discussion show you're going to discuss these things. Just because they're obvious to you doesn't mean they shouldn't be said. Can't help but feel if either of you understood the context of the show you wouldn't be making such comments. And the same with the KP incident which was blown totally out of proportion iirc.
    Fair enough. Was just an excuse for me to vent my opinions on ex-players in the media, TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance View Post
    He has a lot more knowledge than the average cricket fan when me and my dad went and had a few drinks with him in Queensland(Old Cricket Mate) he come up with fascinating facts and knowledge of the game that im sure 99.99% of the average club cricketer could anywhere close to realising.
    Was that post anything other than an excuse to name-drop? Almost worthy of a giant rolleyes, TBF.

If Robert would like to do the honours?

If Robert would like to do the honours?
    Well, I would, but I'd feel just a tiny bit hypocritical given this post.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Not sure, TBH, how said post relates to that Rodgie one...

Not sure, TBH, how said post relates to that Rodgie one...
    They could both be described as name-dropping posts, was my point (even though mine was not intended as such - I've seen his name spelt "Alick" numerous times incorrectly and it's a pet hate of mine). Knowing Rodgie, if I giant-rolleyesed his post, he'd probably dig mine up and make an issue of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information