• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Sri Lanka is a dangerous side, can go all the way" - Border

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think we've all realised by now that Sri Lanka are a very dangerous side, they have some absolute superstars of ODI cricket in their team who can really turn the game. Jayasuriya, Vaas and Muralitharan are three contenders for all all-time ODI XI and here they are playing alongside young stars like Lasith Malinga, Upul Tharanga and Chamara Silva. This side will definately have the respect of their opposition and should have the respect of all the spectators too.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Way to state the obvious, AB.

Annoys the hell out of me how some former players can get paid for supplying TV shows, newspapers etc with stuff that the average fan on the street takes for granted. Or alternatively, to spout ridiculous opinions that no-one in their right mind would agree with.

Both of which AB's been guilty of, TBF - anyone remember his accusations that KP went home too early from the CB Series after being injured? FFS. 8-)

prakesh

Banned
Another one of these jaw dropping, worthwhile headlines.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that Australia can also win this world cup because they are a dangerous side too.

Annoys the hell out of me how some former players can get paid for supplying TV shows, newspapers etc with stuff that the average fan on the street takes for granted. Or alternatively, to spout ridiculous opinions that no-one in their right mind would agree with.

Both of which AB's been guilty of, TBF - anyone remember his accusations that KP went home too early from the CB Series after being injured? FFS. 8-)
He has a lot more knowledge than the average cricket fan when me and my dad went and had a few drinks with him in Queensland(Old Cricket Mate):sleep: he come up with fascinating facts and knowledge of the game that im sure 99.99% of the average club cricketer could anywhere close to realising.

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Stop this over-hyping

if this continues we are going to lose to Australia badly and consequently get beaten by Ireland.

It all depends on what Sri Lankan team decides to turn up tomorrow and when we face Ireland....

pasag

RTDAS

and.........

We knew all of this already. State the bleeding obvious why don't you AB.
Haha easy there. It's just a light cricket talk show. And you know, that's what they do on talk shows...talk. We had this exact same discussion last time with the KP thing with Border and KP. It's not like he called a press conference and announced it to the world. In a cricket discussion show you're going to discuss these things. Just because they're obvious to you doesn't mean they shouldn't be said. Can't help but feel if either of you understood the context of the show you wouldn't be making such comments. And the same with the KP incident which was blown totally out of proportion iirc.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Haha easy there. It's just a light cricket talk show. And you know, that's what they do on talk shows...talk. We had this exact same discussion last time with the KP thing with Border and KP. It's not like he called a press conference and announced it to the world. In a cricket discussion show you're going to discuss these things. Just because they're obvious to you doesn't mean they shouldn't be said. Can't help but feel if either of you understood the context of the show you wouldn't be making such comments. And the same with the KP incident which was blown totally out of proportion iirc.
Fair enough. Was just an excuse for me to vent my opinions on ex-players in the media, TBH. :ph34r:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
He has a lot more knowledge than the average cricket fan when me and my dad went and had a few drinks with him in Queensland(Old Cricket Mate):sleep: he come up with fascinating facts and knowledge of the game that im sure 99.99% of the average club cricketer could anywhere close to realising.
Was that post anything other than an excuse to name-drop? Almost worthy of a giant rolleyes, TBF.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not sure, TBH, how said post relates to that Rodgie one... :unsure:
They could both be described as name-dropping posts, was my point (even though mine was not intended as such - I've seen his name spelt "Alick" numerous times incorrectly and it's a pet hate of mine). Knowing Rodgie, if I giant-rolleyesed his post, he'd probably dig mine up and make an issue of it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It'd just make him look worse - if such a thing is possible, which it probably isn't - TBH.