• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bad feeling England just might get lucky again.

pasag

RTDAS
Bravo, they have those in 50 over cricket as well as it says in the article you linked to.
Surprisingly you're right and that's a bloody disgrace. Although I can't help but feel the negative influence of the dire form of the game contributed somewhat to this.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bowl-out

Another reason why Twenty20 is dire.

Edit: Clip, go to 1 minute mark. Lol at the celebrations as well.
:laugh:

I just watched the clip. It's really bizarre when you hear English phrases thrown into foreign commentary. It's like "................Twenty/Twenty...............Duckworth-Lewis...................Warwickshire.................Heath Streak" :laugh:

Swervy

International Captain
Surprisingly you're right and that's a bloody disgrace. Although I can't help but feel the negative influence of the dire form of the game contributed somewhat to this.
I am sure there have been bowl outs for years in some county standard one day tournaments..I dont think its a thing that has come in since twenty20 started up.

I know for sure that it has been around in club cricket in England for a long time

Barney Rubble

International Coach

I just watched the clip. It's really bizarre when you hear English phrases thrown into foreign commentary. It's like "................Twenty/Twenty...............Duckworth-Lewis...................Warwickshire.................Heath Streak" :laugh:
Haha, that struck me too. Rather amusing. :laugh:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
my wife just asked who "BLE" is and I explained. Her response "how sad would you have to be to get banned for being an idiot and then keep on rejoining and doing the same thing. I mean get a life".

Says it all really...
Haha that's made my day

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
IIRC the first bowl-out in English professional cricket was in 1990.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I mean, I know it's been mentioned, but why has no-one posted
, eh?

That's a disgrace.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Not impressed with Styris? 435 runs with an average in triple figures, plus half a dozen wickets is a pretty decent return in my opinion.
Were all French cuts tbh, the lucky bastard. His wickets are simply the result of the pitches being a disgrace.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not impressed with Styris? 435 runs with an average in triple figures, plus half a dozen wickets is a pretty decent return in my opinion.
He's no more a quality batsman than someone like Collingwood is. They're hard workers who've become decent/good players, but there is no great quality about their batting. Styris has been saved by the rubbishness of the pitches that make the short ball ineffective.