Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Malinga injury scare

Malinga injury scare

Banned
    Hmmm If I was Sri Lanka I would not play him just for a precautionary measure.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Not worth the risk of him injuring himself seriously against New Zealand, for all intents and purposes then Sri Lanka are set to make the semi-finals. They'll need Malinga to be firing if they want to progress any further.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    We be a big test for Dilhara and Maharoof to step up if he is out.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    We be a big test for Dilhara and Maharoof to step up if he is out.
    Could see one of them getting belted around pretty easily, without the 'x' factor that Malinga posseses the Sri Lankan attack looks much to weak.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Could see one of them getting belted around pretty easily, without the 'x' factor that Malinga posseses the Sri Lankan attack looks much to weak.
    If Dilhara keeps bowling at the same pace and control he has in the last couple games his got a 'x' factor. Maharoof has been bowling pretty well on these pitches, so im not too worried really.

I think it would be for the best if Sri Lanka rested Malinga for the NZ game. It would also be appreciated if they rested Murali and Jayasuriya while they're at it. Go on.

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Don't forget Malinga has the propensity to get belted around a fair bit too. If Maharoof can come in and just bowl steadily with maybe someone like Vaas stepping it up on the wicket-taking front then they may not even feel his absence. Will also be interesting to see if Maharoof can help improve SL's totals with some late order hitting.
    Proud 2nd member of GM-OLAS
    Honorary Assistant Vice-President and Inquisitor General of T2IBS (Twenty-20 is Boring Society)

Fraz highlights the defining aspect of Shoaib's legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Those humanitarian works etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I feel Tendulkar's association with the money minting exploitation of cricket fandom by certain varying commercial interests tarnishes his greatness a tad.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    I think Sri Lanka needs a bowler to take wickets at the end and get ahead but with the absence of Malinga they don't really have a striking option apart from Murali. This will suit NZ because unless teams strike middle order and tail in the end they will pounce on the bowling. The likes of Fernando, Maharoof etc. will probably be expensive probably similar to Malinga but they won't claim the same amount of wickets or provide the threat that Malinga would.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    I think it would be for the best if Sri Lanka rested Malinga for the NZ game. It would also be appreciated if they rested Murali and Jayasuriya while they're at it. Go on.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Malinga is really a key bowler for Sri Lanka and atm he is joint highest wicket-taker in this WC with McGrath (they both have 15 wickets), so we can see how successfull Malinga has been in this WC.

Without him Sri Lankan bowling certainly won't be as good as it has been so far in the WC, they would also have death bowling problems without him.

For Sri Lanka's sake i hope his injury is not serious and he makes a speedy recovery.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOo

Well thats it, its all over we are gone. *sigh* and just as we were going on a good run. Quite possibly our best death bowler and most unpredictable bowler is injuired thats it Game Over.

We will lose against Nz and AUs (how badly remains to be seen) and either lose against Ireland or win by the narrowest of margins get through to the next round and get thumped by SA.

its all over
    This sucks, im going to bed. its 4:50PM but i dont care
    (P.S im not being sarcastic)
    Last edited by Davey; 11-04-2007 at 01:53 AM.

I think SL should rest Malinga till the Semi final .(that is if they still make it)

Against NZ, Maharoof should come in . I think SL still can beat NZ if they play well.It was going to be tough ask anyway , Now it hasn't become any worse IMHO.

They were never going to beat Australia, and Ireland game needs to be played with extreme caution too. It is possible that England could pip SL still and make the Semis.

Hmmm yes, really bad news for Sri Lanka. Especially when I see he will be out for 7 - 10 days. Not good at all.

One only hopes that the team pulls it together, and that other players step up.

Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    Don't forget Malinga has the propensity to get belted around a fair bit too. If Maharoof can come in and just bowl steadily with maybe someone like Vaas stepping it up on the wicket-taking front then they may not even feel his absence. Will also be interesting to see if Maharoof can help improve SL's totals with some late order hitting.
    Only early in the innings, he usually comes back superbly with the old ball. Vaas hasn't been in the best of form, so with one of their main wicket taking options gone then the attack is considerably weaker. Maharoof has the tendency to be very expensive and on the odd occasion he get's it right he can be useful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information