• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Malinga injury scare

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
Aren't you the optimist?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Haha, love the pessimism from Davey and JASON. You aren't English for chrissakes!

And the absence of Malinga hasn't seemed to affect SL yet. SlL is a solid team, and their success is definitely built around more than one player.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Haha, love the pessimism from Davey and JASON. You aren't English for chrissakes!

And the absence of Malinga hasn't seemed to affect SL yet. SlL is a solid team, and their success is definitely built around more than one player.
yep...and they have proved it today...good bowling performance!

pup11

International Coach
I think Malinga's injury is seriously gonna hamper his bowling, because from what i have heard he has got a grade 2 ankle strain (injury) and i can't see a fast-bowler(who has an ankle problem) being back to his best in just 2 weeks.

Ankle injury is the worst injury any fast-bowler can have because its takes the longest recovery time.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I think Malinga's injury is seriously gonna hamper his bowling, because from what i have heard he has got a grade 2 ankle strain (injury) and i can't see a fast-bowler(who has an ankle problem) being back to his best in just 2 weeks.

Ankle injury is the worst injury any fast-bowler can have because its takes the longest recovery time.
Bad news for SL, then...i mean they might not have missed him today, but malinga can prevent runs at the end...and NZ could easily have got 30 less if malinga was in full form and fitness!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bad news for SL, then...i mean they might not have missed him today, but malinga can prevent runs at the end...and NZ could easily have got 30 less if malinga was in full form and fitness!
Actually, chances are that they would've got 30 more runs but been bowled out.

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain

Well how can you blame me?

Malinga is our leading wicket taker, IMO he even looked more dangerous than Murali with the way he was bowling.

Yea okay we won today, i am suprised as hell at how Vaas has suddenly gained fantastic form , i guess if he stays in this form its all good, but Malinga would've been very handy against the Australians who eat slow bowling for breakfast!

readie

State Regular
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Well thats it, its all over we are gone. *sigh* and just as we were going on a good run. Quite possibly our best death bowler and most unpredictable bowler is injuired thats it Game Over.

We will lose against Nz and AUs (how badly remains to be seen) and either lose against Ireland or win by the narrowest of margins get through to the next round and get thumped by SA.

its all over
This sucks, im going to bed. its 4:50PM but i dont care
(P.S im not being sarcastic)
someone has serious problems....

btw I'm surprised it wasn't his back, Sri Lanka are guns with or without him tho

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Malinga IMO, should be rested till the Semi Final. I am sure Sri Lanka can beat Ireland without him.

Lostman

State Captain
I disagree, he must play against Ireland to gain match fitness. His radar gun is going to be all over the place if he doesnt get any games in, a really bad combination for a knockout game that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I disagree, he must play against Ireland to gain match fitness. His radar gun is going to be all over the place if he doesnt get any games in, a really bad combination for a knockout game that.
The itinerary for Lanka right now:

v Australia on 16th
v Ireland on 18th
Semis on 24/25th.

The semi game is a good 6 days after the Ireland game. There is nothing as good as match practise but if he is not fit for the game versus Australia, don't see how he can be fully fit in 2 days. If he does fully recover, no problem.. play him. It depends on how fit he is. He should be given as much time to fully recover according to me.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Play him against Australia and rest him for Ireland. We got a chance of coming 1st in the Super 8 and IMO it could make a massive difference for our chances to make the final and win the whole thing.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Play him against Australia and rest him for Ireland. We got a chance of coming 1st in the Super 8 and IMO it could make a massive difference for our chances to make the final and win the whole thing.
You have a valid point there , but if we choose to play him v Australia, there must be some degree of certainty that he won't break down and leave us one bowler short during the game.
And he would probably have to be bowled in 2-3 over spells at a time.