• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allrounders in World Cup 2007

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The difference is far greater than ‘marginal’- For Kallis still bowls in test cricket and gets wickets of vital batsman (Dravid, Sachin et cetera) (Collingwood, sadly does not even bowl in test cricket) and Kallis' performances in the one day game are still 'better' than Paul's.

Collingwood, has improved greatly with the ball in the one day arena, developed some nice slower balls and what not but his still nothing more than an adequate bowler who really shouldn't bowl as many overs as he does.

Kallis ODI form

Paul's ODI form

Kallis test bowling form

8-)
Collingwood's?
I was referring to ODI cricket not Test cricket. You have to look the overall ER and bowling average over the last two-three years, not a conveniently selected patch of games which only gives his bowling averages.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Collingwood has dug England out of a rut again, Surely one of the best all-rounders at the WC. He would certianly get my vote.

andmark

International Captain
The following table shows alrounders performance in this WC so far:

Top Alrounders
ICC World Cup, 2006/07

Player Mat Runs Ave Wkts Ave
ST Jayasuriya (SL) 6 303 50.50 5 27.20
SB Styris (NZ) 6 268 89.33 8 17.50
PD Collingwood (Eng) 6 217 54.25 5 45.20
Saqibul Hasan (Ban) 6 142 28.40 5 40.20
JDP Oram (NZ) 6 121 60.50 8 17.25
DJ Bravo (WI) 6 101 25.25 8 27.12
Adam Gilchrist,Kumar Sangakar and Mark Boucher?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Symonds wont bowl that much to make a huge push into that list, his batting could well get up there should be geta longish innings or two. I dont think anyone will be able to catch Styris though, he is in super touch.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Symonds wont bowl that much to make a huge push into that list, his batting could well get up there should be geta longish innings or two. I dont think anyone will be able to catch Styris though, he is in super touch.
Yeah, defo

Code:
[B]Scott Styris[/B]
[I]Bat[/I]
Mat Inns NO Runs  HS  [B]Ave[/B]  BF SR [B]100 50 [/B]0 4s 6s 
 7    6   3  379 111* [B]126[/B] 454 83   [B]1  3[/B] 0 34  3 

[I]Ball[/I]
Mat Overs Mdns Runs [B]Wkts[/B] BBI  [B]Ave[/B] [B]Econ[/B] SR 4 5 
 7   43.0   3   168   [B]8[/B]  4/43  [B]21[/B] [B]3.90 [/B]32 1 0
He can make a claim for player of the WC just on batting alone.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to hear he isn't thinking about giving it away just yet, a lot of wicket keepers have been standing up to the stumps and have been doing a good job.