• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

andmark

International Captain
This thread is just so you can talk about the upcoming final.
So who do you think will make the final and why things like that.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I still think SA can make the final. If they win tonight, I would say their World Cup is back on Track and they will reach the Final.

If SA don't , its the winner of NZ v SL Semifinal and not the upcoming NZ v SL super 8 game. (because its likely in such an event the 2 teams will meet each other in the Semifinal) .

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
id back new zealand to get the better of sri lanka. i think sri lankas batting line up may crumble under the pressure of the better bowling attacks like australias and new zealands.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
id back new zealand to get the better of sri lanka. i think sri lankas batting line up may crumble under the pressure of the better bowling attacks like australias and new zealands.
I would agree with you , although hoping that SL will do otherwise.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Really outside Bond and Vettori and Kiwi bowling is not much more then serviceable. But Sri Lanka haven't truely dominated with the bat outside a couple gun innings by Jayasuriya. I still would back the boys to come good once the pressure on and its sudden death. Don't really think Australia have cemented a final spot yet, still get the feeling their bowling attack will fall apart when put under real pressure.

Natman20

International Debutant
Aus vs SA

(Yes SA lost to Bangladesh but most other performances bar Aus have been completely dominant scoring totals that other teams have not yet managed to achieve nad they look the goods to me. There bowling might be lacking a bit but there batting makes up for it.)

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Australia to win in the final and Matty Hayden to walk away with the MOS [Man of the series] award.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Australia and New Zealand, can't see South Africa holding their nerve to win in a semi final.