Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1524

Thread: Final.

Oh dear. Australia, Australia, Australia ... what can I say. The dominance of this side over the past decade is remarkable, ridiculous and impressive as hell.
    Aussie fans are the luckiest ****s in the world. Gilchrist is a legend. McGrath? Well, he's an absolute genius with the ball.
    Last edited by adharcric; 28-04-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Well done Australia on defeating the worst team to ever make a World Cup final. Well done to Sri Lanka for making the final (in somewhat Bradbury-like circumstances).
    Wost team? how? Sri Lanka game more of a fight than india and pakistan in 03 and 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Twenty20 World Cup can only turn out to be glorious in comparison to this unreal shambles.
    So looking forward to that, hope the aussies don't ruin that too .

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Find me one worse then. Keep in mind that Sri Lanka fielded Fernando, Arnold, Dilshan and Tharanga all at once.
    India 83.

And I rate this Sri Lankan side a better one than the team that won in 1996.
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

We are champions!!

Well done Aussies, what a superb performance and you guys just were too good for any team and you stamped your class through the tournament.

Gilly was unbelievable yesterday, he just destroyed the Lankans single-handedly and decided the fate of the game in the 1st innings itself. It was a perfect reply from Gilly to all his critics who said he was a spent force now and needed to bat in the lower-order.

I won't rate the Lankans as the no. 2 side in the world on just the basis of this tournament, ok they did well recently in odi's in England and New Zealand, but they would have to be a lot more consistent to be rated as the no. 2 side in the world.

Well done Australia on defeating the worst team to ever make a World Cup final. Well done to Sri Lanka for making the final (in somewhat Bradbury-like circumstances).
    Harsh, very harsh.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    Wost team? how? Sri Lanka game more of a fight than india and pakistan in 03 and 99.
    I didn't say worst performance. I said worst team. Probably a tad harsh, but I don't really rate the current Sri Lankan side that highly. The fact that they made the final and are one of the best ODI sides currently really says a lot more for the inept management and selection of some of the other sides than any particular brilliance from them.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Anyways, I was just thinking (while CW was offline for like 6 hours ) that this tournament win from Australia is even more amazing since we lost our best ODI bowler, Lee, right before the Cup. I remember when that happened there was quite abit of talk that without Lee and the strength of the SA and our already seemingly dire attack, we'd never ever be able to do it. The way Australia was able to overcome that with Tait is what made this win ever more special.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Anyways, I was just thinking (while CW was offline for like 6 hours ) that this tournament win from Australia is even more amazing since we lost our best ODI bowler, Lee, right before the Cup. I remember when that happened there was quite abit of talk that without Lee and the strength of the SA and our already seemingly dire attack, we'd never ever be able to do it. The way Australia was able to overcome that with Tait is what made this win ever more special.
    just like 03 without Warne (and later Gillespie)

Yup, i think it is special effort from the Aussies to win this WC without Lee, and more than just winning the WC its the manner in which they have won the WC thats more impressive.

This is the most comprehensive WC winning campaign by any team in the history of the game, not only did the Aussies win all their games but they weren't even tested in a single game (or lets say they never allowed any team to test them).

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    I didn't say worst performance. I said worst team. Probably a tad harsh, but I don't really rate the current Sri Lankan side that highly. The fact that they made the final and are one of the best ODI sides currently really says a lot more for the inept management and selection of some of the other sides than any particular brilliance from them.
    Just cannot agree with this in the slightest. As far as I can tell, the top 4 teams in ODI cricket at the moment is about as strong as it has ever been, and its fair to say that Sri lanka are second of those 4...and I would also say that Sri lanka this time round are probably tha most other teams that have ever got to the final...including the SL team that won it in 96
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Well done Australia.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Most Sri Lankan would say this side overall is better then the 96 side. Even though guys like Arnold, Dilshan, Fernando and Tharanga might not be that great yet (in Tharanga case) they are still better then Mahanama, Tillkarnatne (at that stage) and Wickramasinghe. And all three batsmen above were a lot more consistent then Kulawitharana, maybe not as damaging but more consistant.

Really i think your looking at the dominance of the Australian team and just putting down the ability of the other teams due their dominance. As others have pointed out the top probably as strong as its been for a while, but this Australian team are just that much better.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Jayasuria (
    Murali
    Vaas
    Malinga
    Sangakkara

I wish we (England) were that bad

Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread Information