• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Finally an acknowledgement of what I had been trying so hard to get you to admit ..:laugh:

But then another excuse...South Africa had a poor World Cup because the conditions didn't suit them

We shall endeavour to play all future world cups in conditions that suit them ...:laugh: I give you my personal promise and endorsement to that effect...:laugh:

What a load of BS.
I never denied that Sri Lanka were the second best side on current form - I just think that current form means squat all in the grand scheme of things.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
It changed at the drop of a hat. It is yet to change back. You place too much importance on one tournament - they played poorly, yes, but it was one tournament. Australia had a bad time of it in New Zealand as well and look at them now.
This is hardly one tournament .....10 games over 2 months against 8 countries....

Played in at least 5-6 different countries and 5-6 different pitches...

Oh I forgot the conditions didn't suit them...:ph34r: :laugh:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This hardly one tournament .....10 games over 2 months against 8 countries....

Played in at least 5-6 different countries and 5-6 different pitches...

Oh I forgot the conditions didn't suit them...:ph34r: :laugh:
Yeah you're right, the World Cup is actually 17 different tournaments. Silly me.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I never denied that Sri Lanka were the second best side on current form - I just think that current form means squat all in the grand scheme of things.
We shall see how the Grand scheme of things pan out on Sunday (my time) ... ok.:)

Then we will know squat or otherwise...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We shall see how the Grand scheme of things pan out on Sunday (my time) ... ok.:)

Current form means quite a bit in terms of one match.

However it means approximately 0 as to how good a side is overall.

pasag

RTDAS

I don't see what one game on Sunday will prove tbh. On their day either side can win and it doesn't really have much to do with this discussion.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't see what one game on Sunday will prove tbh. On their day either side can win and it doesn't really have much to do with this discussion.
Ok... the Final of the most coveted Prize in World Cricket has nothing to do with this discussion on the second best team in World Cricket in ODIs ....

Despite it being against the best Team in World Cricket.....:wacko: :blink:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't know how you can keep putting NZ at number 2 when you have been beaten repeatedly whenever you have played us on Neutral territory .(once in India and Twice in West Indies).

Even in NZ you managed to only draw .

So get real, you are Number 3 .:)

Australia

Sri Lanka

New Zealand
India/Pakistan/South Africa/England
:laugh:

They were all number 2's. And I did stress on any given day.

Aside from England. :laugh:

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Technically has McGrath already wrapped up the Man of the Series award? He would have gotten three votes for yesterday's game.