• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Jason. South Africa were heavily overrated as number one but anyone that has watched them over the past year would be able to attest to them being easily the number two side in the world. A semi-final loss to the best side doesn't change that.

Aus
SA
SL=NZ
The rest. IMO.
They lost to NZ very comfortably ...they lost to Bangladesh very comfortably ....they lost to Pakistan in the warm up....and SL would've beaten them if theyhad played them later in the Super 8 than first up....

And SL has beaten NZ 3 times when they played in neutral grounds... (twice in West Indies and once in India at Champions Trophy ) . How then can NZ = SL. Load of BS .

Even in NZ , they were lucky to get off with a 2-2 because it rained off the decider.

Aus

SL

NZ
SA/India/Pak/England
Bangladesh

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They lost to NZ very comfortably ...they lost to Bangladesh very comfortably ....they lost to Pakistan in the warm up....and SL would've beaten them if theyhad played them later in the Super 8 than first up....

And SL has beaten NZ 3 times when they played in neutral grounds... (twice in West Indies and once in India at Champions Trophy ) . How then can NZ + SL. Load of BS .

Even in NZ , they were lucky to get off with a 2-2 because it rained off the decider.

Aus

SL

NZ
SA/India/Pak/England
Bangladesh
Haha, because warmup matches are so relevant.

And again, for the 5000th time, no-one said that South Africa had a good World Cup. We're all quite aware that they performed poorly in it - telling us all that and listing their losses won't change our opinions on the matter, because unlike you, our opinions aren't all based on one tournament or over-exaggerated factors like "current form."

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes. At last some one who agrees with me.
He did say on current form though, so I actually agree with him as well. Not everything is based on current form, because form is very fickle and can change at the drop of a hat. Genuine ability can't though.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, because warmup matches are so relevant.

And again, for the 5000th time, no-one said that South Africa had a good World Cup. We're all quite aware that they performed poorly in it - telling us all that and listing their losses won't change our opinions on the matter, because unlike you, our opinions aren't all based on one tournament or over-exaggerated factors like "current form."
ok, how about this then ,

Last year South Africa were the second best Team ...
now they are struggling to be 4th .

Dissector

International Debutant
I don't know how anyone can argue that NZ is as good as SL. They drew 2-2 in NZ and then on the big stage SL won both games convincingly. They are clearly a better side.

SA hasn't done anything special outside South Africa recently either. They are mostly home-track bullies like India. I would rate them about equal to SL and possibly worse. When will they meet head-to-head next?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
He did say on current form though, so I actually agree with him as well. Not everything is based on current form, because form is very fickle and can change at the drop of a hat. Genuine ability can't though.
drop of a hat is not 10 games over 2 months...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
ok, how about this then ,

Last year South Africa were the second best Team ...
now they are struggling to be 4th .
Last year Mick Lewis was the best bowler in the world ..
now Saj Mahmood is .

You can put anything in big bold letters with strange punctuation, but it doesn't make it so. It takes a lot more than one average tournament to convince me that a side is no longer very good. South Africa had a poor World Cup because the conditions didn't suit them and they a number of players in poor form. Form doesn't last forever though - the current form of their side is irrevelant to how good a side they are overall. Quite obviously, Sri Lanka are the second best side on current form, but current form means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of how good your team is, because it's so ridiculously subject to immediate change.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
drop of a hat is not 10 games over 2 months...
It changed at the drop of a hat. It is yet to change back. You place too much importance on one tournament - they played poorly, yes, but it was one tournament. Australia had a bad time of it in New Zealand as well and look at them now.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Last year Mick Lewis was the best bowler in the world ..
now Saj Mahmood is .

You can put anything in big bold letters with strange punctuation, but it doesn't make it so. It takes a lot more than one average tournament to convince me that a side is no longer very good. South Africa had a poor World Cup because the conditions didn't suit them and they a number of players in poor form. Form doesn't last forever though - the current form of their side is irrevelant to how good a side they are overall. Quite obviously, Sri Lanka are the second best side on current form, but current form means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of how good your team is, because it's so ridiculously subject to immediate change.

Finally an acknowledgement of what I had been trying so hard to get you to admit ..:laugh:

But then another excuse...South Africa had a poor World Cup because the conditions didn't suit them

We shall endeavour to play all future world cups in conditions that suit them ...:laugh: I give you my personal promise and endorsement to that effect...:laugh:

What a load of BS.