• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

JBH001

International Regular
I think SL wouldn't make it even if they were given 50 overs, man. 280 is just ridiculous with the WC pressure and all that.

Agreed. I reckon a repeat of Pak 99 and Ind 03.

Jaya will be out for a low score, and it will be downhill from there.

Sri Lanka out for around 150.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
man people should start watching the world cricket league instead of this. the WLC had way way way more nail biting and close contests than this

Matt79

Global Moderator
Interesting to see whether or not Bracken, McGrath and Tait can produce a bit more movement than the SL bowlers...

EDIT: surprise, surprise, Bracken's second ball swings...

pup11

International Coach
Aussies shouldn't take this game lightly, especially due to their dubious record while defending huge totals.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not really. Vaas got absolutely no swing - when that happens, you know something is wrong. This must be entertaining for fans of batting and fans of Australia, but this is a dire contest for a WC final. You can't say "I told you so" when McGrath bundles up SL for 100 on the same pitch, btw, he's just special. :p
Bracken swinging it plenty...

JBH001

International Regular
Bracken swinging it plenty...
I thought Vaas tried too hard to swing it in his first spell, he was searching for it instead of letting it come.
So his full balls were pushed down leg side, and then he overcompensated by not bowling it full enough on/outside off, so again he got no swing. He bowled better when he returned for his subsequent spells - but by that time the swing had gone.