• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

Matt79

Global Moderator
4/281 - fair effort from 38 overs.

SL will have to play very well, and the Aussies bowl quite badly for this to be close - but weirder things have happened. Hope McGrath bowls well, and I really hope Watson gets the two wickets I need to have Fiery adopt the Watto avatar.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
so 282 to get from 228 balls i would call it impossible under the circumstance and against the best team in the world.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Reachable target with the batting lineup Sri Lanka has. The just need to fire all their cylinders if they want the cup now!

Dissector

International Debutant
Australia will win easily though they weren't particularly impressive after Gilly got out. Underlines what an amazing innings he played.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope the umpires are consistent here - Aleem Dar - public enemy no. 1 to the Aussies - they just don't get on with him and vice cersa. If Hair did that, imagine the uproar.......

Interesting that Gilly apart, no one really got going - I wonder if the pitch is really as easy to bat on as he made it look.

Evermind

International Debutant
I think SL wouldn't make it even if they were given 50 overs, man. 280 is just ridiculous with the WC pressure and all that.

pup11

International Coach
I still think its hardly a flat track and Gilly made it look ridicously easy today because he was in his zone, but you look at all the other batsmen none were able to time there shots or give any momentum to their innings so it proves that it isn't easy to bat on that pitch.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Burgey said:
Hope the umpires are consistent here - Aleem Dar - public enemy no. 1 to the Aussies - they just don't get on with him and vice cersa. If Hair did that, imagine the uproar.......
You reckon? Unless its a tie or a one run loss, it made f-all difference, and technically he was right.

I'm not annoyed at him at all. Unless one of the above results occurs! :)