• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

Hoggy31

International Captain
It doesn't seem right to me to have a World Cup Final with reduced overs, it should be played tomorrow with the full 50 if possible.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Except maybe they could build them so grass would actually survive on the field, as opposed to Telstra Dome....

JBH001

International Regular
FFS!

Walk away, sit down, and stare at stupid Sky Sports repeats for an hour! Damn rain!

!@#$%^&*()!!!

I would rather have a full 50 each, but dammit, 3 assignments due over 6 weeks, and I do not have time to pull these all-nighters and lose the next day too...I may have to miss it, if played tomorrow.

F*ck it! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!

!@#$%^&*()((*&^%$#@@#$%^&*((&^%#$%^&*!!!!!

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
real cricket ground i.e lords>>>>>>>>souless concrete domes

Agreed. Rather not have cricket played under domes tyvm - though I can see it happening in the future.
The question is, is rain an aberration in the WI at this time of year, or usual?

pasag

RTDAS
Everyones just left my place now, worst night ffs. Enjoyed the Pakistan England 1992 final though.

But, Direeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

pup11

International Coach
I think its about time that the game of cricket doesn't get interrupted by rain, so having stadiums with roofs ain't a bad idea and all the main cricketing stadiums should have that facility.

Matt79

Global Moderator
FFS!

Walk away, sit down, and stare at stupid Sky Sports repeats for an hour! Damn rain!

!@#$%^&*()!!!

I would rather have a full 50 each, but dammit, 3 assignments due in 6 weeks, and I do not have time to pull these all-nighters...I may have to miss it, if played tomorrow.

F*ck it! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!

!@#$%^&*()((*&^%$#@@#$%^&*((&^%#$%^&*!!!!!
Agreed. Rather not have cricket played under domes tyvm - though I can see it happening in the future.
The question is, is rain an aberration in the WI at this time of year, or usual?
Love the incoherent outpouring of rage, then the reasoned well written response the very next post. Just needed to get it out of your system, eh?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, given the game isn't actually on, I'm probably going to call it a night soon. If they push it back to tomorrow, I can't pull an all-nighter as I have work on Monday. So I'll miss it, in summary.

DIRE!!!!!!!!!

JBH001

International Regular
Love the incoherent outpouring of rage, then the reasoned well written response the very next post. Just needed to get it out of your system, eh?

You said it, Matt. But tbh, I was holding myself back!

(I do feel a little better though) :)

(but not much)

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
I think its about time that the game of cricket doesn't get interrupted by rain, so having stadiums with roofs ain't a bad idea and all the main cricketing stadiums should have that facility.

how do you plan to put roofs on places like lords? or should we just smash them all down and build identikit stadiums everywhere?

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, given the game isn't actually on, I'm probably going to call it a night soon. If they push it back to tomorrow, I can't pull an all-nighter as I have work on Monday. So I'll miss it, in summary.

DIRE!!!!!!!!!
Yep. 1/2 hour more for me, and I am off to bed.

Dont think I can watch the game either, if rescheduled to Sunday. I got a Research Project Outline, a Pilot Research Project, and a 10,000 word essay due over the next 39 days - so I cant waste too much time pissing around when I should be studying.

Fusion

Global Moderator
This sucks. I feel bad for the fans of the two teams that are going to miss the match if its delayed even more or postponed.