• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup: Best XI

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Your World Cup XI based on performances up to this point. Obviously we are only about half-way through, but the side can be modified as the tournament progresses.

My side so far..

Hayden
Smith
Ponting (c)
Kallis
Styris
Sangakkara (wk)
Oram
Hogg
Bond
Malinga
Murali

_Ed_

McCullum's been the best 'keeper so far in my incredibly biased opinion. Five times in the tournament a 'keeper has taken 4 catches in an innings and he's done two of them, as well as breaking the World Cup record for fastest 50.

Must admit I haven't been able to see many SL matches yet though so it's possible Sangakkara has indeed been better.

Zinzan

McCullum's been the best 'keeper so far in my incredibly biased opinion. Five times in the tournament a 'keeper has taken 4 catches in an innings and he's done two of them, as well as breaking the World Cup record for fastest 50.

Must admit I haven't been able to see many SL matches yet though so it's possible Sangakkara has indeed been better.
Yeah i was tossing up between McCullum and Kumar, McCullum has probably been the best keeper on show and has had limited opportunities with the bat, but Kumar is having a good WC with the bat.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer i think m clarke needs to be in there some where probably replace him with kallis......and mcullum needs to be there

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally I would take out Kallis and put in Michael Clarke and also swap Sangakkarra for McCullum. Other than that, it looks pretty spot on.

Scaly piscine

Lara deserves to be there. (195 at 65)
I raise you Collingwood, 201 quick runs @ 100.5 and one of those he was dismissed run out in the last over being completely selfless as ever. Then of course you have this fielding and he's also chipped in a bit with the bowling.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clarke, Collingwood, Lara and Kallis are fighting for the same place IMO, as Styris, Ponting, Hayden and Smith are guaranteed.

Kallis has scored two good scores against the two top 8 opposition SA have played (opinions of his 48 vs Aus not withstanding), whereas Lara too has been consistent. I'd personally have Kallis, but really its not a big issue.

Beleg

International Regular
SP,

Collingwood is a fair deal. The only one guranteed for me at the moment is Hayden.

Natman20

International Debutant
Your World Cup XI based on performances up to this point. Obviously we are only about half-way through, but the side can be modified as the tournament progresses.

My side so far..

Hayden
Smith
Ponting (c)
Kallis
Styris
Sangakkara (wk)
Oram
Hogg
Bond
Malinga
Murali
That would be a very threatening team although I think Gibbs might deserve to be there ahead of Styris IMO

thierry henry

International Coach
Please, Styris would be one of the first 2 or 3 picked. 2 games against proper opposition, 2 MOTM performances (yall know he was MOTM against the Windies)

The_Bunny

State Regular
Gilchrist is having a good WC with the bat

Adam Gilchrist AUS 5(5) 211 52.75 59 98.60

Just overshadowed by Hayden ;)

Mind you he probably isnt the best with the gloves....

Perm

After a strong start, Kumar Sangakarra has fallen away. Him and Gilchrist are probably equal at the moment, though if Sangakarra has a good game against South Africa I would rate him as the best in the tournament. McCullum has only had two innings, and one good knock.

pup11

International Coach
My World cup XI for the moment :-

1.M.Hayden
2.G.Smith
3.R.Ponting
4.J.Kallis
5.M.Clarke
6.S.Styris
7.B.McCullum
8.S.Bond
9.M.Murali