• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Craig

World Traveller
Whoever gets Australia and is able to somehow beat them will win the World Cup IMO.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
man, if they let australia through to the final than it's over. So Aus wins it unless they lose in the semis.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking good for Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka at the moment. The other spot is anybody's for the taking, except Ireland I think but it will likely be South Africa who go through.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking good for Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka at the moment. The other spot is anybody's for the taking, except Ireland I think but it will likely be South Africa who go through.
Australia definitely and NZ definitely after tonight's Ireland game . But SL cannot be certain if they lose their next 2 (NZ and Australia) by significant NRR loss . SL 's batting has failed to deliver the goods in the Super 8 against Superior bowling attacks (of SA and England) , so they really cannot be guaranteed a spot in Semi as yet. England , West Indies still have a chance if they lift their game in the remaining 3 and win by big margins.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
No, If Ireland can win tomorrow they have the same amount of chance as bang, Wi and Eng

pup11

International Coach
Tomorrow's game South Africa v/s West Indies is a huge game because whichever team loses tomorrow would probably be virtually knocked out of the WC, does anyone think that West Indies can come up with something special now?

simmy

International Regular
Tomorrow's game South Africa v/s West Indies is a huge game because whichever team loses tomorrow would probably be virtually knocked out of the WC, does anyone think that West Indies can come up with something special now?
I hope so as an England fan. Both teams haven't played good cricket, so in a way I am weirdly looking forward to it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hope so as an England fan. Both teams haven't played good cricket, so in a way I am weirdly looking forward to it.
South Africa have played infinitely better cricket than the West Indies in this tournament so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I agree, but they haven't played well. They just got thrashed by Bangladesh ffs!
They played well in every game except that one though. Even against Australia, their top order looked good for a little while in chasing a massive score. They completely outplayed Sri Lanka, who everyone seems to rate for some reason, and would have defeated them with ridiculous ease if not for a 4-ball spell from Malinga when the game was seemingly beyond doubt anyway. They've played very well in patches and let themselves down at certain times - notably their bowling against Australia and their match against Bangladesh. They've been infinitely better than West Indies really, who have basically shown nothing all series other than the fact that their selection policies are dire.

tenpin28

Cricket Spectator
The Australian Cricket team are the most over rated team in the world cup! They have no leadership through Ponting who always turns to McGrath and Warne when their opponents are getting on top. It will be interesting to see how Pontings record pans out when these two world class bowlers leave. The run of Australian domance is also fading as no young stars are coming through. The era of New Zealand as the number one side in the world is quickly becoming a reality, evident through our current world cup domance. No other side seems to have the depth in batting, yet the diversity in bowling. New Zealands selectors have done an excellent job incorporating youth into the International side. The likes of Fulton, Taylor and Gillespie seem to have the experience and skill level as veteran campaigners such as Vettori, Fleming and Styris.