Page 8 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1880

Thread: Semi Finals

  1. #106
    International Regular Beleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,437
    It's not like 1999 when Australia and SA were the best two teams and it was only SA's cock up against Zimbabwe that stopped that tournament getting the Final it deserved.
    You mean Pakistan and SA then.

  2. #107
    International Vice-Captain Raghav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South India
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    You mean Pakistan and SA then.
    What you mean though?
    Supported Indian Cricket from 1992-2000 (till the match fixing scandal)

    Long Live Test Cricket

  3. #108
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Karachi,Pakistan
    Posts
    2

    Icon14 ABA(Anyone but Australia)

    Well it seems so loong journey and finally the reverse countdown begins today.The giants meet i.e. Aust Vs Newz

    Predictions

    Austr beat today Newz
    SemiFinal 1: Srilanka Vs NewZe in which Jaysuria(The Regimnent) blasts away Samad Bond through all parks and setting a huge target but Scottie too hottie comes to the rescue and saves NewZe



    SemiFinal 2:Aust Vs SouthA in which Australia set a mammoth target tnks to Ricky Taunting while chasing South Afri run the fastest 100m while getting dismissed on their way back to dressing room



    Final:Kiwis Vs Kangaroos in which >.................................(wait for the rest part in a few days )

    Need some tips contact me ( Charges $4 per minute )

  4. #109
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,864
    Quote Originally Posted by alihidayat View Post
    Scottie too hottie


  5. #110
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by alihidayat View Post
    Well it seems so loong journey and finally the reverse countdown begins today.The giants meet i.e. Aust Vs Newz

    Predictions

    Austr beat today Newz
    SemiFinal 1: Srilanka Vs NewZe in which Jaysuria(The Regimnent) blasts away Samad Bond through all parks and setting a huge target but Scottie too hottie comes to the rescue and saves NewZe



    SemiFinal 2:Aust Vs SouthA in which Australia set a mammoth target tnks to Ricky Taunting while chasing South Afri run the fastest 100m while getting dismissed on their way back to dressing room



    Final:Kiwis Vs Kangaroos in which >.................................(wait for the rest part in a few days )

    Need some tips contact me ( Charges $4 per minute )
    Haha, best post.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  6. #111
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    If NZ beat Australia tonight, they would be the unbackable favourites to beat SL on Tuesday, IMO. Hope Bond and co put in a great performance and then Fleming/Styris/Ross Taylor/Peter Fulton get among the runs... a good batting performance from NZ is just waiting to happen...IMO.

  7. #112
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Haha, best post.
    Worst post for a long time, can't understand most of it, although agree with the predictions
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  8. #113
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Worst post for a long time, can't understand most of it, although agree with the predictions
    Take the time to sit down and read it properly, it's actually quite humorous.

  9. #114
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Today's loss by NZ to Australia means nothing and equates with SL's loss to Australia earlier.

    NZ will almost certainly come back much stronger on Tuesday with Bond and Oram returning to the side.

  10. #115
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,486
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    Today's loss by NZ to Australia means nothing and equates with SL's loss to Australia earlier.

    NZ will almost certainly come back much stronger on Tuesday with Bond and Oram returning to the side.
    Today's game means nothing in terms of rankings etc for the semi-finals

    However, it was the biggest defeat in NZ's history and, like the decimation of the other semi-finalists, is bound to leave a scar, as even with the inclusion of a couple of players, the games were unlikely to be competitive

    IMO, on current form, we've now reached the stage where anything other than an OZ victory in this WC would be seen as the biggest upset in WC history outside of India's triumph in '83

    Fortunately for spectators, tomorrow is another day and nothing is guaranteed
    Last edited by social; 20-04-2007 at 08:34 PM.

  11. #116
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,510
    It does mean something unfortunately. Sri Lanka now has a big edge against New Zealand after our batting fell apart and our other bowling option was decimated.
    Bond and Oram remain our trump cards.
    Fleming, Fulton and Styris remain our best hopes for the bat.

    And I hope we play Jeetan, he was total class. Best of our bowling by far, none of our other bowlers looked to trouble Australia at all.

    Hopefully New Zealand will recover with Bond and Oram back in the team.

    Australia were able to pile on the runs which piled on the pressure. A good win by them, great batting but definitely aided by Franklin, Gillespie and Mason. I'll add McMillan to the balance as well so it makes up a nice even 20 (though he isn't as much to blame being just a handy part timer and all)
    189 runs from those 20 overs.

    Now personally I couldn't imagine Oram Bond and Franklin going for that much, About half of it would be much more likely.

    Australia definitely played very well. They went hard against the unproven New Zealand bowling options and decimated them. Bringing New Zealands good spinners into the game in a defensive role and not a wicket taking one. New Zealand was put on the back foot for the majority of the game, and to be fair to Patel Vettori and Styris. They DID gain the upper hand at one stage.

    Around the 40th over when Symonds was sent away I felt that these 3 had really pegged Aussie back from a score that could have looked suspiciously like 400.
    A score that should have been 300-320 if it weren't for that dreadful finish. (Gobbled up by an ecstatic Watson).

    Australia have been giving a victory that is making them look invincible.

    New Zealand have lost and they lost hard. It will definitely be in the back of the players minds when they come into their next game (or two).

    South Africa may also be worried as well, unlike New Zealand they don't have handy spinners like Vettori and Patel that can actively pull a rampant running side back. And once Australia starts swinging, they're hard to stop.

    Champions.

  12. #117
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    It does mean something unfortunately. Sri Lanka now has a big edge against New Zealand after our batting fell apart and our other bowling option was decimated.
    Bond and Oram remain our trump cards.
    Fleming, Fulton and Styris remain our best hopes for the bat.

    And I hope we play Jeetan, he was total class. Best of our bowling by far, none of our other bowlers looked to trouble Australia at all.

    Hopefully New Zealand will recover with Bond and Oram back in the team.

    Australia were able to pile on the runs which piled on the pressure. A good win by them, great batting but definitely aided by Franklin, Gillespie and Mason. I'll add McMillan to the balance as well so it makes up a nice even 20 (though he isn't as much to blame being just a handy part timer and all)
    189 runs from those 20 overs.

    Now personally I couldn't imagine Oram Bond and Franklin going for that much, About half of it would be much more likely.

    Australia definitely played very well. They went hard against the unproven New Zealand bowling options and decimated them. Bringing New Zealands good spinners into the game in a defensive role and not a wicket taking one. New Zealand was put on the back foot for the majority of the game, and to be fair to Patel Vettori and Styris. They DID gain the upper hand at one stage.

    Around the 40th over when Symonds was sent away I felt that these 3 had really pegged Aussie back from a score that could have looked suspiciously like 400.
    A score that should have been 300-320 if it weren't for that dreadful finish. (Gobbled up by an ecstatic Watson).

    Australia have been giving a victory that is making them look invincible.

    New Zealand have lost and they lost hard. It will definitely be in the back of the players minds when they come into their next game (or two).

    South Africa may also be worried as well, unlike New Zealand they don't have handy spinners like Vettori and Patel that can actively pull a rampant running side back. And once Australia starts swinging, they're hard to stop.

    Champions.

    Do you reckon Marshall could come into the side over the (currently) struggling Ross Taylor ? Do you reckon Chris Martin could be in the Semi Final line up -given the expected conditions at Sabina Park over Gillespie or Franklin ?

  13. #118
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,510
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    Do you reckon Marshall could come into the side over the (currently) struggling Ross Taylor ? Do you reckon Chris Martin could be in the Semi Final line up -given the expected conditions at Sabina Park over Gillespie or Franklin ?
    Marshall Taylor is a very hard call to make, Taylor has been struggling but he has a flair which Marshall doesn't. I would definitely think of Taylor as one of our game winners on his day. Marshall is a good player, and he has copped a lot of flak in recent times with some under performances.

    I personally would keep Taylor in. Give him a chance or two more try and settle him down and let him bat at his own pace.

    As for Chris Martin? Not a chance, very risky to bring him in especially during a semi final situation. Seeing that he is the same kind of bowler as all the others as well and we may just find him to get hit around in the same fashion.

    My ideal team would be:

    Fulton - He's be doing a good job covering for Vincent, though Vincent was a hard blow to the kiwi's.

    Fleming - All class, if he hits something he usually gets a 30 or more. Otherwise he's out for next to nothing but a key asset to our team.

    Taylor - Young man has a lot of spark.

    Styris - Form of his life.

    McMillan - A good striker of the ball, and a good bowler on his day. Yet I think with a strong bowling line up that it might not be out of the question to have Marshall play at 5.

    Oram - As good a replacement to Chris Cairns that we could ever find. Both handy bowlers, both great hitters of the ball.

    McCullum - Getting better everyday, class act.

    Franklin - On his day he can be brilliant with the ball, especially alongside Bond. A quick 20 runs at the end of the innings.

    Vettori - One of the worlds finest.

    Bond - The worlds finest.

    Patel - Gives Vettori a run for his money as the best spinner in our side, this man can be relied on to bowl in the Power Plays and can bowl in any pressure situation. Enthusiastic and definitely a player to watch in the future.

  14. #119
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,648
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    Do you reckon Marshall could come into the side over the (currently) struggling Ross Taylor ? Do you reckon Chris Martin could be in the Semi Final line up -given the expected conditions at Sabina Park over Gillespie or Franklin ?
    Marshall has no hope of playing ahead of Taylor. Taylor's form may be fairly ordinary, but when Marshall played he looked in good form and still threw his wicket away needlessly - a player who doesn't score even when in form is not one you really need in your side.

    Martin is an interesting call, but given he's had no cricket at all, I doubt it. He's been a rubbish ODI performer but he had a great domestic season while Gillespie and Franklin have bowled complete rubbish for the most part. But the fact that they haven't played him at all means it'd be a very risky selection. I'd probably select Mason ahead of all of them - he's been playing the games and has bowled well at times, especially with Bond at the other end. I'm not a Mason fan at all, but I reckon he'd be the best pick with Bond in the side - they seem to bowl well in tandem. I'd play Patel too, regardless of the conditions.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  15. #120
    GGG
    GGG is offline
    International 12th Man GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malta, New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,501
    I personally would play the extra batsman for the semi, it's a faster wicket and lets face it Gillespie and Mason ain't up to scratch. So my team would be Fulton, Fleming, Taylor, Styris, McMillian, Marshall, Oram, McCullum, Franklin, Vettori and Bond. Tough call leaving Patel out but if the wicket isn't a spinners track there is no point playing him.

Page 8 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. **Official** Semi Finals and Final
    By James in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2006
    Replies: 650
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 05:47 AM
  2. No Asians ?
    By Laurrz in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2006
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 06:57 AM
  3. CW Bar Cup Semi Finals Discussion and Results
    By Simon in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. CW Bar Cup Semi Finals
    By Simon in forum WCC - Team Sheets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 07:33 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16-03-2003, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •