• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

pup11

International Coach
Probably Pidge is better suited to handle the pressure of the big game.

EDIT: Pidge got AB plumb there but Dar thought otherwise.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ooooooooooooooh
Looked a tad high to me live, but the replay suggests height wasn't a problem - most probably not given because of the angle and seam movement taking it towards to the leg side.

De Villiers looking ordinary though - I think McGrath will nab him early.

PY

International Coach
Darn it.

Smith gone, big wicket for Australia. Weird/horrible shot by the sounds of it.

pup11

International Coach
Aussie bowlers have made a great start the ball is swinging and Saffies are not feeling too comfortable!!

EDIT: Bracks strikes and Smith goes.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Smith gone! Yes!!

So happy right now.

Obviously didn't learn from the play and miss from the first ball! :)

Bracken is god!

:notworthy

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just seeing it on replay, that wicket ball was a lot better than I have it credit for. Originally I thought Smith had just had a big fat swipe and missed a straight one, but although he did charge down the wicket, he played it with a fairly straight bat and it swung away perfectly to hit the top of off stump. Class bowling really, even if it was a dire shot.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
3rd time Smith's done something similar in the WC.

He's also played that shot (and the back away a mile down leg shot) with great success as well, particularly the last time SA played Aus in the WC. Its tricky, but what it comes down to is he needs to know when to use it. The times he went out vs. WI and now Aus were not the times.

pup11

International Coach
I think when Smith saw the ball swinging he should never have danced down the track and played a shot like that (but then i am not complaining).

GO AUSSIES!!